Does Tire Rotation Include Tightening Lug Nuts? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: Does Tire Rotation Include Tightening Lug Nuts?

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    jeez, how could a court possibly rule that? what has happened to common sense?

Deadeye
    Member #
    Maybe there is a way to rotate tires without taking the wheel off up there? Like jacking it up and rotating each tire 180 degrees?
    It's mind boggling how stupid some people are..I bet that judge has his shoes on the wrong feet.
    It Ain't Over till It,s Over !

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I was taught the wheel nuts are on tight, or not on at all. Simple.

I was also taught a blob of white paint over the join helps as a visual warning if they work loose. A technique I also use on rifle scope mounts, picattiny rails etc. Just a dot over the join is enough.
    95 Lever, cajun56, mikom and 2 others like this.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Most garages way over torque the nuts, to the point it can be impossible to loosen with a standard lug wrench, on the road side with a flat. I usually rotate my own, I'm cheap, but when a garage does them, always redo them as soon as I get home, with a torque wrench set to the right level.
    "Should have put more dirt down, saw it right off." Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Wrangler
    Member #
    Yet another reason "NOBODY" lays a hand on my vehicles. Especially tires.

Last time I got tires took the rims off at home and took them down to get mounted. Mainly because I wanted a slightly larger, then stock, tire and the fricken tire shop wouldn't put them on the truck. Even though they were smaller then what was on the truck for the last 3 years with no problems. No I didn't die and the truck didn't explode because of the wider tires.

Not to mention the broken wheel studs on my dump truck. Some are left handed threads, idiots. That was somehow my fault. Scratched door, broken mirror and the tech doing a burn out with my truck. Grease on the seat and steering wheel. Missing money out of the ash tray and window left open in rain and soaked my seat. Lastly having to use a torch to heat and use a 3/4 inch impact to get the lug nuts off my dually after the last time I got tires. This was a couple different times not all at once. Nope keep your slimy hands off my trucks.
    gunscrewguy, mikom and cajun56 like this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    The judge should have ruled to pay the plaintiff for his losses and other injuries (pain and suffering) for like $1000 MAX! Sounds like the plaintiff got sucked in by some Scheisters promising him the world!

AC
    mikom, cajun56 and MidBigWest like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I once saw a photo (Hot Rod? Car Craft? Super Chevy?) of a small block Chevrolet cylinder head that was pried off the block without having the eight lower head bolts removed. There are 16 total head bolts....

Yeah, it was a cast iron head.
    gunscrewguy, mikom and cajun56 like this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6457 View Post
    The lack of Common Sense is what's killing this country!
    AT ALL LEVELS, TOO.......................

Tom
    dhansen and cajun56 like this.
    NRA LIFE
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    CCDL

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Well here is where "reasonable and customary" and "but for", which I believe are actual legal terms, comes into play. I have always said, the law is simple. It's lawyers that screw it up.......

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I worked for a tire shop for 5 years and we used torque sticks to tighten lug nuts and finished them with a torque wrench, and always told the owners to retorque them after 50 miles especially on aluminum wheels, in that time I only remember maybe a dozen people bring theirs back to have us retorque them,and only one actually loosen up and we ended up buying them a new wheel. I personally recheck mine within a hundred miles of being reinstalled and then again a few days later.
    smithywess likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links