Dead Battery Woes. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Dead Battery Woes.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bassetman1974 View Post
    Best battery I ever had was the original battery that came in my 2003 Silverado. Ten plus years and 210,000 miles later, it died. This is with never storing that vehicle inside. We had a lot of brutal winters in WI during that decade with some mornings -40 below zero. Would have replaced it with an Interstate earlier, but I wanted to see how long it would last. Personally, I think Interstate batteries are the best replacement. Never had an issue with them.

Bassetman, that's ridiculous it should have lasted longer! Lol. I've had good luck with duralast gold (AutoZone). I usually get 3 years out of a set, diesel trucks are hard on batteries! Actually 35 months, they have a 3 year free replacement!!
    bassetman1974 likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I recently bought a hated and damned $50 Walmart battery to replace an 18 year old Die Hard Silver Series in my seldom, if ever driven '87 IROC-Z.

die hard receipt_Redacted_Cropped_180.jpg

I currently have those hated and damned Walmart Maxx (maximum cussin') batteries in all of the four other vehicles. I've gotten at least 2-3 years beyond their five year warranty periods from them. I will say that when they die, they seem die without warning. The Interstate battery that was in the GMC prior, died the same way.

Typically, three of the vehicles sit while we drive the other two. As such, I make sure that the idle batteries aren't abused (deep cycled). If the car is going to sit for more than a week or two, it gets connected to one of these:

https://www.batteryminders.com/1510-...-with-warranty

FWIW, I've not had this brand of float charger die like the Deltran Battery Tenders.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    PAULO,
    I, too have had good luck with the walmart Maxx. 5 year batts are good for 5 years. My Gator 622 has a lawn and garden job with a tag that says 5/10.
    I am sure other brands are great as well. The Florida heat is tough on batts, no matter who makes them. The cold is no advantage (don't miss cold one bit).

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Both Everstart Maxx and Interstate are made by Johnson controls.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 444pistol View Post
    Bassetman, that's ridiculous it should have lasted longer! Lol. I've had good luck with duralast gold (AutoZone). I usually get 3 years out of a set, diesel trucks are hard on batteries! Actually 35 months, they have a 3 year free replacement!!
    That was an amazing truck. If the salty winters didn't eat everything underneath, I'd still be driving that truck despite the 270K miles when I traded it in on a 2018 Silverado. Have no idea who made that AC Delco battery, but I was thoroughly impressed. Come to think of it the Delco name may have vanished by 2003.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links