Friday/Saturday night cruising lost.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Friday/Saturday night cruising lost.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Friday/Saturday night cruising lost.

The old hot rod thread took me back to my youth. I can remember the time when life revolved around school, work cars,girls and cruising the strip. Not necessarily in that order. We used to go to Valley PKWY in Escondido Ca every weekend and cruise the old muscle cars around impressing the girls. Wine coolers were the chick magnet along with a really good looking fast car. We could park anywhere in the parking lots around the parkway and socialize all night. The cops wouldn't mess with you unless you just got plain stupid. God I loved being a teenager back in those days. No way you could get away with that today. Another right of passage stolen by progressivism...
    KG, marlinluvr, Blaine and 22 others like this.
    Not responsible for what people think, just what I am.

KG
    Lil Sis Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    We had the same thing here. We'd cruise a main drag and hang out in the parking lots at night. There were two vacant lots we'd hang out at. The cops didn't bother us, either. If anyone started acting stupid, they were put in their place pretty quick.
    KansasGirl
    A'deezhi

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Coconut Grove, Miami Beach and Ft Lauderdale strip were THEE places to be cruisin' on a Saturday night back in the 80's! Unfortunately, those days and those nights are gone forever folks...but we do have the memories, don't we?!
    Blaine, KG, kpb0605 and 7 others like this.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Yup! ..........'The Lot', N. Garey Ave. Pomona Ca. 1967 GTO and it was Coors back then. .........Friday after school, wash the car and shower up. Splash on half a bottle of Jade East. Best pair of Levi's, white t-shirt, black boots. ......and make sure you had that hard pack of Marlboro red stashed half way out your front pant pocket for everybody to see.

John

So I'm racing 'Jo' (yup, her name) home late. Get lit up by Pomona. In the mirror, I see an Officer I know well, sigh of relief. Asks me what's up and I explain. Asks me if my girl friend can drive a stick. Hell yah, taught her myself man! ..............She drove the Goat to her mom's, I got a ride with Pomona, and it wasn't to da house.
    KG, kpb0605, cajun56 and 6 others like this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Unfortunately a lot of things from our generation have changed and as marlinluvr stated... those days are gone. Hard to believe the stuff we did back then would now days be unacceptable. I feel sorry for this younger generation. All this political correct stuff has ruined society.
    KG, cajun56, marlinluvr and 8 others like this.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Small towns was the best place for cruising! Bowling ally at one end to the drag strip as we called it on the other! City park is where everyone would cruise to on Friday afternoon and weekends! Those days are gone! All you hear now is the faRT pipes of rice burners! Even the so said car shows aren't fun like they use to be.

ca'jun
    miket156, Marlinjunkie, KG and 4 others like this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Oh yeah! El Camino Real, from South San Francisco all the way to San Jose... I used to cruise the San Bruno to Redwood City section in my 68 Road Runner...
    Maineiac, miket156, KG and 6 others like this.
    Bart

Team Old Pharts, Team Marlin Express, Team 30-30, Team 45-70, Team 60, Team Henry, Team Semi-Auto, Marlin League, Team Glenfield

Symptoms of Marlinitis

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    We used to cruise through the strip at Old Orchard beach. Sometimes on bikes, sometimes in muscle cars. 67 firebirds, 69 Chevelles, 69 Goat, 65 Ford F-100, 340 Duster. From what I understand, cruising the strip is no longer allowed.
    miket156, KG, JMAG54 and 3 others like this.
    ​~ Mike
    <*)(((((>{

Captain Team Shotgun, Captain Handgun Team Semi-Auto
    Teams 30-30, 45-70, 35 Rem, 44-40, Wheelguns

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Wow, that brings back memories.
    I remember cruising the strip with friends.
    A few guys did the drag race scene. There were a few crashes. Some worse than others.

Now a days, it's modern sport cars that cruises around with their radio blasting some awful "young people" music. I don't get (dislike) these little imports with the wheels pitched out at an angle. Pretty silly looking. (now, I sound like my dad. lol)

Any one with a classic muscle car around here is older(adult) and they cherish their car and will only displays it at a show or in his garage.
    JMAG54, marlinluvr, mikom and 2 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    We were still doing that when I was in high school in the mid 80s. Good times.
    JMAG54, marlinluvr, mikom and 2 others like this.

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links