what was the fastest car you ever had? - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree794Likes

Thread: what was the fastest car you ever had?

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    My Grandmother had a '58 chevy 2 door with the big block and dual quads. It was a standard and she was used to old chevy 6 cylinders of the 40s and 50s. She couldn't get used to it and almost every time she drove it , she barked the tires in 1st gear. My family talked her into trading it in and buying a 6 banger, 64 Pontiac Tempest, I'm sorry to say. I cry a bit every time I think of what I could have had handed down to me. Instead I got a worn out Pontiac. It was a good old car and I drove it a lot, but just not the same.
    cajun56, olmarlin and turbobug like this.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    1963 Renault Dauphene. Wound out a 52mph. Scarry.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    In 1969 I bought a new Z28, prior being drafted. I blue printed and balanced the motor, headers with borla exhaust, many upgrades and it was super quick. Later I got a Challenger 440 and did the same treatment and it was very fast. But the Z28 was my fav... well, maybe.

Over the weekend my buddy Matt who manages many auto dealerships, tossed me the keys to his new Alpha Romeo Gullia Q2 for the weekend. The wife and I declared a road trip is in order and off we went. I gotta say it has exceptional road manners, comfort, super sexy styling, handling and very quick. Put it in manual mode to use the paddle shifting and experience F1 racing and when the turbo kicks in it's gone! Too much fun, I may have to look into Alpha Romeo before I get too old. LOL

Jack
    Last edited by JACKTW; 06-03-2019 at 03:58 PM. Reason: typo
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Deadeye
    Member #
    I've never been into cars...I'm a truck guy...but the fastest thing i ever had....believe it or not....was a 1967 VW Bug...but it had a '70 Porche 914 pan engine in it....man that thing was deceptive and quick off the line.

redhawk
    The only stupid question...is the unasked one.

Not all who wander....are lost.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    The fastest I had was a 69 Z28 that we took out the original 302 and stuffed in the 427 Big block. It had so much power that you could be cruising along in 3rd gear and if your floored the gas it would break the rear tires and just burn them with no problems. I had a lot of respect for that car because I almost wrapped it around a tree----it just had sooo much power ! Was running a solid lifter cam and a 800 double pumper Holly on that thing. Had the big rectangle port heads.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    1969 Dodge Charger. Can't remember what size block it had, but that car would definitely move out!
    olmarlin and turbobug like this.
    In real life may you be the bad ass you claim to be on social media....

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    I remember this girl used to go to the Saturday night drags door slammer night (stock street cars) and she smoked a lot of people with her Aunty's 2 dr Grand Torino with that 428 Cobra Jet motor. It was not loud either but it was like a jet plane going down the track. I rode shotgun with her down the track and that was my first experience of the 428 Cobra Jet.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Back in the early 80"s I had a 79 F-100 with a plain jane 302! Not good enough for me! Found a 429 CJ engine with trans. stuffed that engine in after a overhaul of motor. That truck fooled so many people! With 32" tall mud tires it would roll thru the 1/4 at 13.60 at 104 mph. Took so much money from those guys with their low compression Z-28's! I would just stay with them and barely beat them. Lol! I would even let them look at motor, it's stock 460 I would tell them.

I had to many cars and trucks I hopped up! It was fun!

ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    the last fast thing I had was a nice 85 Silverado short bed truck. it had a tired old 305 one day I went to the junk yard to look around for some transmission cores. I am a transmission rebuilder by trade. I saw a 4 bolt main small block Chevy on the ground, you could tell it had been cleaned and looked like it was ready to rebuild! I asked what was up with that? the man there said he had no idea, that somebody threw it out. he asked if I wanted it? yea sure do! I took it to my machine shop and the block was perfect. I rebuilt it, I put in a crane 488 lift cam 232-234 duration. I put on heads from a highway patrol engine and an elder Brock high rise and a 750 holly and headers. and of course a good shifting 700R4 it ran strong! I keep it a couple of years then sold it about 10 years ago. wish I had it back,,,,,,,,,,,
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

I would rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone,,,,,,,,,

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    68 Camaro, 490 hp 350, 4 speed. Close 2nd was a 77 Trans Am with built up 400.
    olmarlin, cajun56, OLSKOOL and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links