what was the fastest car you ever had? - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree794Likes

Thread: what was the fastest car you ever had?

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    A very highly modded and tuned Triumph Stag, late 70s I think. Deliberately modded so as not to be obvious. But, there is a story. My girlfriend at the time worked in a gas station, and the Stag was her favourite car. When delivering it to a depot I sort of 'got lost', drove into the gas station 'told' the boss he would have to manage without her a half hour and scared the socks off her for thirty minutes. And me, just dont tell anyone.

Fasted mbike was I think a Kawa 750 (Or 500?) with a supercharger. Not sure, but you had to take care not to flip it end over end.
    OLSKOOL, mikom, M700 and 1 others like this.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Mine was a '68 Chevelle SS396. Never was built to its full potential but it was fast enough for me and loads of fun, I was just a teenager. In reality, the 2014 Silverado I have now probably has a faster top end, or pretty close, but the big block w/4-speed and posi was hands-down more fun!
    mikom, OLSKOOL, tranteruk and 3 others like this.
    The world is a tuxedo, and I'm a pair of brown shoes.....
    - George Gobel

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    in the early and mid 60s my daddy sold new chevys. he always had a "demonstrator" to drive, which was a new car. I remember him driving new el Caminos and SS Chevelle's. he would have rather have drove a pu truck and did a lot of times but I think the were pushing the sale of the sporty cars. I remember my uncle bought a new 1964 impala SS from him. it was black with turquoise interior. oh the memories,,,,,,,,,,,
    mikom, tranteruk, M700 and 5 others like this.
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

I would rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone,,,,,,,,,

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Fastest car I ever had was a truck. Never owned a car, just trucks and Jeep wranglers. But I do love them old muscle cars. Fastest car I ever drove was a Pontiac Trans Am. My brother owned it when he was in Navy flight school.
    M700, OLSKOOL, mikom and 2 others like this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    A 1970 Chrysler Newport with a 440 police engine and trans.

My wife's first husband would never allow her to drive, so she never learned.
    When we got together, I found the Newport with a 383 and spun timing chain.
    I figured this huge monster would keep her safe while she learned to drive.

The 440 was just luck.
    I shoe-horned it into the Newport.
    The car was very strong in a straight line.. but wouldn't turn or stop worth a darn.
    msharley, mikom, olmarlin and 1 others like this.
    Life NRA Member; Annual GOA Member, SASS #108882
    "When I'm dead, I hope my wife doesn't sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them."
    Marlin 1894CB, Ruger SASS and Bisley Vaqueros, Stoeger coach gun

Contributing Member
    Member #
    The one I miss the most is my '69 Mach I "R" code, with a 428 Cobra Jet with a shaker hood and a 4 speed. I bought it as a basket case, but with the original block, heads intake and exhaust manifolds, all was slowly rebuilt, including the rear end. It was not a particularly good road car, because it still had the factory suspension. I added front disk brakes and power steering to it, got it all back together and had a very light coat of the factory color sprayed on it to keep it from rusting through the primer, and to see how I liked the Indian Fire color. I liked it. But eventually had to sell it to build a house (really screwed up priorities ).

My most fun to drive car was an '87 Mustang GT 5.0 & 5 speed tranny. That car did pretty good on the corners too. I got pulled over 5 different times in that little speedster, and once had a State Trooper race up beside me in the interstate one night with his roof top and interior lights on, all of the seats were full, and he was shaking his finger at me and mouthing something at me. I nodded, grinned and let off the pedal, he shut off the lights and flew outta there. Never once got an actual ticket, but I took a lot of lectures and warnings. I decided to let it go before I tore it or myself up or got locked up.

I miss them both quite a bit when the subject come up, or I see one going by. I don't seem to have a picture of the black GT, but I did scan in an old 35 mm pic my first wife took of the Mach I the day before the new owner came to get it. The really nice looking picture is what it would have looked like finished.
    OLSKOOL, msharley, mikom and 3 others like this.
    Team 444 Marlin - Love My T4!
    Team 22 Magnum - # 42
    Team 30-30 - # 897
    Team 35 - #501

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    one of the coolest I had was a 1949 ford short bed PU truck with a 292 V8 I had that and a 73 Chevelle when I was dating my wife,,,,,,,,,,,
    mikom, olmarlin and countryboy243 like this.
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

I would rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone,,,,,,,,,

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Never had really fast cars but still have one that’s pretty quick. Mom and Dad bought it new in ‘69.

396 SS Nova, 4spd, 4:11 12 bolt Posi rear end, big Holley 780 on top.

47K original miles...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    RiverRat1060, Boris, mikom and 9 others like this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I had a few muscle cars. 67 firebird 400 auto, 68 GTO 400 4 speed, 78 Trans am 400, and a 69 Vette 350 4 speed convertible. The 67 accelerated fastest( I bolted on lots of speed parts and installed a bigger cam) the GTO was the best riding car and still plenty fast, The Trans am had the best top end and the Vette was an old lumber wagon. It didn't have any options, no power steering, brakes or air. The previous owner put a racing clutch and pressure plate and wide tires all the way around. Try driving in stop and go traffic thru Chicago and my leg was all cramped up from that clutch. It was still quick but no fun to drive. Now I'm an old fart driving a Toyota
    mikom, olmarlin, kraynky and 1 others like this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    First post here. Been reading/lurking for awhile now. Couldn't resist. Two come to mind. First is a 1966 Triumph TR4A. Wonderful little car, very quick, top ended around 115"ish". The other was my old man's '68 Buick Riviera with a 440 w/four barrel carbs. Certainly not a sporty muscle car but it flew along the open road.
    mikom, olmarlin, kraynky and 3 others like this.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links