Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Cabin Filters

604 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Arkie 
#1 ·
Have you ever replaced the cabin air filter on your car or truck? I replaced mine in my 2015 Fusion the other day and this is what I found:

Grille Cage Metal

I am wondering how the acorns got in there. I cannot find a big enough opening in the cowl to let them fall it. I expect a chipmunk is blame but how can it get in there? Replacing the filter was not all that hard. I did have to remove a plastic trim piece to get at the screws. Pulling the interior trim pieces always gives me a minor heart attack as I always expect them to break.

See less See more
#3 ·
Tons of people don't know they have a cabin filter! When they come to my brothers shop complaining about AC not cooling, it's the first thing he checks for! When I mean plugged filter! It's plugged! He will pull filter, it's up to people weather they want a filter back in! Plenty will say No! There choice! Then he tells them this is what will plug up e-vap core!

ca'jun56

#5 ·
One day my suburban wouldn't start. The air filter housing was stuffed full of sunflower seeds. Must have been 3-4 pounds of them in there.

#8 ·
The Nissan Trucks are not that easy--you have to remove the glove box and then you can access the filter in the AC fan housing. It's a pain in the butt.

#10 ·
See it every day. Besides Alvin I don't know what a chipmunk is but squirrels and mice do this commonly. I mouse can go through a hole 1/4 its size. Squirrels do much more intense damage than mice. Dogs (usually puppies) will chew stuff too but they do not infiltrate.

That CAF in the picture is pretty clean compared to some we see. A mouse will chew through the element to escape but instead find demise in what lies ahead...the blower motor.

Reactions: Maineiac
#11 ·
I had a bad smell in the truck; the shop found a nest of dead baby Ferrets in my filter which had been chewed up to make a nest.
To help out, they put a foam thing scented with something. It smelled worse than the dead Ferrets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.