Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Corvette

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  T REX 
#1 ·
Tomray, from your avatar, looks like you like those "vettes", picked up this 2016, Z51,lT3, with just over 11,000 on it Saturday, lease deal, guy traded it in on a new Z06 when his lease was up, the salesman is driving a Grand Sport convertible, this makes twelve he's owned, bought his first one new, when he made it safely back from Nam!! T Rex Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Sports car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Sports car

See less See more
#3 ·
Beautiful Vette in one of my favorite colors. Driving that ought to keep you young at heart!

Jack

Reactions: Marlinjunkie
#4 ·
I lost track of the engines used in a Vette now. It must be a LS series V8. I'm old school and always go with the big block or biggest cubic inches I can squeeze into the engine compartment.

#8 ·
I would get into SO much trouble with one of those. Had a '94 back in '97 (wife's car) and had trouble getting in and out of it back then! And that was probably 50-60 lbs ago! I know if you took the traction lock off it would squirm all over the road until you let it up. After I found out how much the replacement tires were, I vowed to stop driving it. Don't know about now, but even back then you had to buy a different tire for each corner of the car. Directional and no rotations. They are certainly nice cars, but it just doesn't work for me. I lack the self control I guess. :embarassed:

Congratulations!

#13 ·
Corvettes have had an LS-based engine now for 23 years and come with up to 755 horsepower.

2019 ZR1:
0-60 in 2.85 seconds
Top speed 212 MPH
7-speed manual or 8-speed auto

Reactions: M700
#14 ·
Thanks for the comments y'all, am gonna enjoy it, not opening a can of worms, I've been a chevy guy all my life, took my drivers training in a 1963 chevy, "three on the tree", first car was a 58 hardtop, three on the floor, couple of Chevelles, one smallblock, one big block, both four speeds, "but", I always "lusted" for a Corvette!!! This one is a 6.2 litre, which "best I can figure" translates to 378 cubic inches, has the "performance exhaust", "baffles you can open", which bumps it to 460 horses, haven't really "hammered" it yet, but shes "peppey!!! T Rex

#16 · (Edited)
T-Rex,

Now, that's a beauty!...........Is that color Jet Stream Blue?

You're going to need a few "Road Trips", now...........

Mine is a 2010 Grand Sport LT1...............I find it to be a very comfortable car for traveling.......The only problem with mine seems to be the color...........I've re-named it "Arrest Me Red"..............LOL!

You'll be surprised at the Gas Mileage a Vette can give you..............Mine is a M6 , and I can get 28 MPG on a trip.............Not bad for 450+ HP.........

Enjoy that New Vette.............Let me know when the smile leaves your face!..............LOL!

Tom

#17 ·
Tomray, glad you noticed, it's Laguna Blue, with saddle Tan,"Kalahari", they call it, and black interior, the LT3 option, it's a Z51, adjustable exhaust and suspension, knocks it down to 4 cylinders, when in the Eco setting, good for thirty plus on the highway. I can already tell you, the smile ain't gonna leave my face, safe driving!!! T Rex

#18 · (Edited)
T-Rex,

Sounds very nice.

I have the NPP exhaust system, too..............I added a foot switch (Similar to t a dimmer switch) on the "Deadman Pedal" so I can control the exhaust. If I run them open, I can't listen to the sound system!..........But they sound really great in city traffic............May as well throw my hearing aids out the window, though............LOL!

I added a "Saddle Bag" that hangs off the waterfall to store maps and other small items in, these cars have NO storage space...........A Pistol?........Yeah, sometimes..........

I changed out the Run Flat tires to Continental Extreme Contact D/W conventional type, and now carry a small Air Compressor and a plugging Kit.............Luckily, I have NOT ever needed either. I just keep my AAA Premium in play!.......... Now, I get a quiet softer ride.
I like the Continentals. D/W is Dry/WET............Don't know how they are in the rain............I'll never had to drive this car in the rain!

My car has a "Hand Built engine that all GS M6's* were available with, and has the 10.5 Qt Dry Sump oil system. My motor was built by Mike Priest..........He signed it on a small plaque on the front of the RH head.
The "Hand Builts" are said to make more Horsepower than the regular production motors........better tolerances and fits?.........maybe.

* Only the Manual Transmission cars got the "Hand Builts" in 2010..............If yours is a Manual Transmission, you may have a "Hand Built" motor, too............

I had it "Chipped" by the dealer.........Now, its supposedly rated ( a 10% boost) at close to 500 horsepower , but I've never allowed the motor to be Dyno'd..........if you ever watch a Dyno process, you'll understand why!...........it's a punishing process, and with 450+ horse power, who really cares............there will always be a bigger faster car somewhere............and probably it will be driven by a 25 Y.O. on Daddy's money..............
At 73 Y.O., I don't really care! .......All I really got from the Chip was a little more Throttle Response, and the car really was never lacking that .............

Don't bother with a Performance Chip, unless you're going to "Track" the car..........At 73, I'll never do that!.............

I've also got the M6 "Launch System, but have never used it!...........It's a little scary (to me) to floorboard the throttle on 450+ horsepower, and release the clutch at a controlled 4500 RPM!..........Nah, I don't need to experience that!.......Tires clutches and Trans axles are expensive, and I've seen the Utube clips where the car goes completely out of control with in-experienced drivers !

Enjoy that Vette, It's a real Beauty!

Tom

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.