Fall Gobler
Like Tree9Likes
  • 9 Post By jkhuntin

Thread: Fall Gobler

Sidewinder
    Member #

Fall Gobler

Saturday was opening day of our fall shotgun season here in TN. While bowhunting deer Saturday evening I was able to roost somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-60 birds. Decided to turkey hunt Sunday morning. Sat down at the base of my tree at 0645, two kee kee runs and a couple of soft yelps and this little feller flew down and stepped out into the field at 0700, bad mistake. fall turkey.jpgHe's not a giant but not a jake, 1 year old bird, 3/4 inch spurs and an 8 inch beard. Now I'm back to deer hunting.
    Judson, J BOBWAY, OLSKOOL and 6 others like this.
    "You're not trying to teach the deer algebra, you're trying to kill it and put it in your freezer".
    Kip Campbell, Red Arrow

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Don't know why it's showing up sideways!!!!!
    "You're not trying to teach the deer algebra, you're trying to kill it and put it in your freezer".
    Kip Campbell, Red Arrow

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Hey JK - congrats on the turkey kill! I've killed numerous gobblers over the years, but only in the spring, and my state has a fall season. I need to make room in my fall hunting schedule for another turkey for this year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Thanks Judson. TWRA changed the rules last year so that we can only kill one bearded bird. Used to be able to kill one either sex with archery. I've killed a couple of hens with archery a few years back.
    jk
    Kip Campbell, Red Arrow

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Nice gobbler. I always look forward to fall turkey season in Pa. That is about the only time of the year my Sako 222 hits the woods anymore with the ground hogs about non existent in our area. I use it for turkey and fur bearer season and that's about it. Last season I didn't get to hunt but a time or two and was the first year in many years the 222 didn't bring home a fall turkey. Hope to get back on track this year. Congratulations jk on getting your bird.

Banned
    Member #
    Nice! I saw 2 with 7-8" beards crossing the street just before the entrance to the public land I was going hunting on yesterday. Needless to say I saw no turkeys from my stand.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links