Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Random Archery pic thread....

5K views 42 replies 6 participants last post by  Gurn 
#1 ·
I found some of my old pictures, thought you fellers might like looking 'em over, feel free to post your own here too!! .DT

Leaf shooting with Osage bow and cedars...

'68 Bear Super Kodiak

A backyard deer

Some of my broadhead collection

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks buddy!! Real nice. I'll have ta get off my no count hindend and post some to. Give me ah day or two and I'll have some up.

#15 ·
Ok I aint got ah bunch but heres ah few.

My grandson

Me and my nephew

Friends girl from Georgia

Trail cam pic from Trad hunter in Georgia

Retrevin ah treerat that made it back to the nest.

Poor critters

Notice the tip is right at Grayling Mich where Fred built all them bows.

#16 ·
Heres some more

Do ya see the bear in this pic??

My boy in the Adirondack mountains

Me in ah hard spot :eek:

Me and Fred Asbell

#17 ·
Good pictures Gurn, don't think having your bow would help you with ol Yogi ah laying on you ;D

What is your average distance to them little critter you arrowed?

I'll post up some more tonight, has any you other fellers got any archery related pictures? Pictures of camp or something interesting you ran upon or more dead critter pictures either one or your hunting knives you pack while bowhunting or your bows you pwn or have owned?

#19 ·
The bear pic was from my buddy with his photo shop talents. Recon that would be too late. ;D
I'd say the average distance was around 15-20yds but some as close as 7 or 8.

#21 ·
Summertime fun:

An example of my attempts at leatherwork:

Practice makes perfect.......sometimes:

A view from above:

Why I love the October woods:

#24 ·
Here is a picture I took back a year or so ago, shooting bows for distance. Green fields surrounded this for good shooting

Heres a picture of Fred Bear I found online some time back, I reckon he was doing a show at the time.

Heres a Bear Bearcat takedown I had once 'pon a time

Some purty woods in a Kodiak Hunter I had

My 1973 Super Kodiak redstripe

#25 ·
#26 ·
I'd like to look one over in person. I shoot a Bear Montana longbow from time to time and out of the 3-4 longbows I have shot alot it is the most natural pointing and fits me bow of any bow I have ever shot, felt similar to the Widow longbow. If you get it give us a report on here of finish, how it shoots, and so on. A new bow report would be a good addition the Archery section here.

More pictures to come..................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.