What was your first Boat - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree198Likes

Thread: What was your first Boat

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    My first boat was a 11 ft Jon boat. When I was 7 years old I would leave from Grandpa's canal and shove the boat one mile to open water of Currituck sound. On a pretty day I would stand on top of the middle seat and use my 14 foot wooden shove pole like a kyak paddle and cross the sound to Wee Wienks grocery store in Southern shores.I would then cross the road and go to a campground and swim in the pool with the tourists. If Moma only knew how her young boy spent his days alone. Currituck Sound is only 3 miles wide in Powells Point NC. I used that little boat until my early 20's duck hunting. Great for 50 decoys 3 teenagers a dog, guns and ammo. Slide that thing onto the ice, one in the back pushing 2 on the sides running and steering it. wahoo what great times.
    no primers and Kendawg like this.

Certified Gunnut
    In an old beaver swamp in upstate New York
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby1956 View Post
    My first boat was a 11 ft Jon boat. When I was 7 years old I would leave from Grandpa's canal and shove the boat one mile to open water of Currituck sound. On a pretty day I would stand on top of the middle seat and use my 14 foot wooden shove pole like a kyak paddle and cross the sound to Wee Wienks grocery store in Southern shores.I would then cross the road and go to a campground and swim in the pool with the tourists. If Moma only knew how her young boy spent his days alone. Currituck Sound is only 3 miles wide in Powells Point NC. I used that little boat until my early 20's duck hunting. Great for 50 decoys 3 teenagers a dog, guns and ammo. Slide that thing onto the ice, one in the back pushing 2 on the sides running and steering it. wahoo what great times.
    Thanks for your memories
    Gabby1956 likes this.
    Supporter of USA Olympic shooting Team
    Since 1987.
    Team Oliver Tractor 550

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links