You know your getting old when! - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree505Likes

Thread: You know your getting old when!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by miket156 View Post
    Do you exercise? Unless you have discs out of place, a twisted spin or another diagnosed physical deficiency, the best thing you can do is lower back exercises. Lay on the floor and lift each leg one at a time straight up as far as it will go toward your face. Hold it there for at least 10 seconds then do the other leg. Do that every morning. The best exercise is get out and walk every morning. I stretch my calves and hamstrings before I go for a walk. Even walking a half an hour at a good pace (not a stroll, a hike) is beneficial.

Sitting on the couch will kill you!

Mike T.
    Right on Mike, gotta keep moving. I have ran and worked out most of my life. A few years ago I added planks to my routine. I used to occasionally get lower back pain but since I have strengthened my core with the planks back pain is extremely rare.

Padraig

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I have definitely reached “Grumpy Old Man” status, I miss the days of my childhood for sure
    rob42049, MikeT49, Padraig and 1 others like this.
    Yesterday I was younger

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lever30 View Post
    I have definitely reached “Grumpy Old Man” status, I miss the days of my childhood for sure
    Sitting and thinking about my childhood as you mention. I remember my loving mother and i remember the wonderful food she could make out of nothing. I remember she Always set us kids first and all the love she gave us. I remember my dad: Hard working fisherman with no doubt in what was right and wrong. I remember we were poor and couldn't afford the nice clothes and all the stuff the other kids had: Always wearing handed down clothes from cousins. Always making/ repairing my own toys. I remember not being interested in soccer and the same Music as the others in my class. I remember being bullied every day. I remember minding my own business spending time in the nature. I also remember nobody will bully you after school when you ride a Harley weigh in at 240 Pounds.
    Now i am an old grumpy man. Living by myself with my dog. Retired, divorced, good pension, nobody tells me what to do. I really don't need anything from anybody if the Good Lord will only alow me to keep my Health. THIS IS THE VERY BEST TIME OF MY LIFE RIGHT NOW.
    MikeT49, Padraig, lever30 and 3 others like this.
    Wish i didn't know now what i didn't know then.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tinhorn
    Member #
    When your exercise regimen is the CRSD/AAADD fitness program. For example: your house is a split entry and your workbench and car/yard tools are downstairs. Your reloading/ gun room is down there also. In the morning you go downstairs to get a tool/perform a task. By evening, you have been up & down the stairs a bazillion times. You did complete a bunch of chores/tasks that needed doing but the original task does not get done, AAaaaaaaaargh! I used to get irritated, but I came to realize that it's why I don't gain weight and came to accept it. Throw in making 5 full cords of firewood every year and that's enough exercise for me.
    Last edited by MikeT49; 02-20-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I'm so old I'm already living in the "hereafter". I walk into a room and wonder, now what am I "hereafter"?

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rob42049 View Post
    When I went to my Senior Prom, gas was nineteen nine. If you wanted Dino Supreme, that was twenty three nine.
    My Senior Prom found me with a $20 bill in my pocket after picking rocks all week off the summer fallow!! Gas for the car at the pump in town was 7 &1/2 cents a gallon at the local co-op, cheeseburgers, fried and shake at the cafe was $1.95 for each of us. Movie afterwards was $0.75 and popcorn was 2 bits. Corsage was about $2 - 2.50. Kisses and hugs were still free back then! But if I recall correctly - and that is putting my memory to the test - I went home with about $10 in my pocket - enough for putting a $1 in the offering in church in the morning. But then again, I'm so old that I have sometimer's disorder - sometimes I can remember and sometimes I just don't care! What I can remember is that all the guys in my high school class had a rifle (or two) of some sort or another hanging on the rack in the back window of their truck at the prom dance which was held in the school gym and everyone felt safe! . . . . Wow! I really am old!!!
    miket156, lever30, MikeT49 and 2 others like this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mikej View Post
    I realized I was old when I was training some people to take over my responsibilities before retiring and realizing I had socks older than them.
    I love it!! I didn't have to worry about training people when I retired! They already thought that they were smarter than me and there was nothing else for them to learn!
    miket156, lever30 and gunscrewguy like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rob42049 View Post
    When I went to my Senior Prom, gas was nineteen nine. If you wanted Dino Supreme, that was twenty three nine.
    Drive with care and buy Sinclair.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Me and two buddies needed to come up with money for Prom. This was back at the time there were city dumps. The crows from dump rooster in big sycamore down by river. There was a bounty on crows at the time. It wasn't profitable to shoot them so we got a better idea. We climbed the trees and wired cans of broken glass through roost. Touched them off late at night and picked up enough crows in morning to more than cover expenses. There was a little commotion from local law over blast. No big deal someone was always touching off a stick or two just for fun. Back then they didn't bother to keep track of explosives. Today ATF would be called in and instead of renting tux we would be wearing a new orange suit. I forgot to mention this was coal country, guys were always playing with dyno or blasting powder.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    The most hurtful sign of aging? You're in a store, any store, and you're thinking the chick behind the cash register is really cute. You get to the head of the line with the cart, starting to unload your items, and she says "Do you need help with that, Sir" and looks at you like you're her Grampa.

That's it. It's all over. You might as well lay down in the hole and pull the dirt in on yourself.
    Last edited by rob42049; 03-08-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    Drm50, Vooch, lever30 and 5 others like this.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links