Just got out of the recovery room - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Just got out of the recovery room

Wrangler
    Member #
    I had one at 50 and the next at 55. I was glad when the doctor said I could wait until 65 for the next one. The procedure is nothing but the prep sucks. My 20 year old daughter has already been through two of them.
    NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle/ML Rifle)
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Graduate of Benning's School for Wayward Boys
    Team 30-30 #1051
    Team Old Pharts #367

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Heck yes, get checked. You don't want to become a statistic.

Kaiser-Permanente (pretty much a CA only medical foundation) uses the doo-doo test as a screening. It's free, so there's no excuse for not sending in your sample. If the stoolie shows something, then they do further testing, I assume the scope job.

It's a pretty easy, once a year kind of thing. I suppose the hard part for some would be reaching into the bowl to fish for the sample.

Distinguished Master
    In an old beaver swamp in upstate New York
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by paulo57509 View Post
    Heck yes, get checked. You don't want to become a statistic.

Kaiser-Permanente (pretty much a CA only medical foundation) uses the doo-doo test as a screening. It's free, so there's no excuse for not sending in your sample. If the stoolie shows something, then they do further testing, I assume the scope job.

It's a pretty easy, once a year kind of thing. I suppose the hard part for some would be reaching into the bowl to fish for the sample.

Well if you catch it before it hits the water, then you won't
    Have to fish for it!!
    tranteruk and Victor N TN like this.
    Supporter of USA Olympic shooting Team
    Since 1987.
    Team Oliver Tractor 550

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Site Contributor Super Moderator
    Member #
    Glad everything came out fine for you!

The prep is called GoLytely which is a sick and twisted euphemism for a combination of Go Violently and Go Constantly!!!!!!

They make plastic catch pans for stool samples. They are nicknamed Nuns hat's because that's what they look like.
    “As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” H.L. Mencken

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I still joke with my daughter whose a RN about blue Gatorade. I had one removed that was benign. For me it was not such a process as I went in about 3 years ago because I was anemic and had gotten very weak from that. They tested me inside and out for every thing an older guy needs to be tested for. Still think that that clear Gatorade with that blue stuff added was no fun.

DEP

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyBadger View Post
    But then again, if no primers did indeed have 9 pallets removed........ that had to hurt...
    I bet not as much as getting them IN there! And the splinters...Oh my! Glad to hear you're doin' better!
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    When your Doctor orders a lower GI, get the upper, too. While you're asleep they can do both procedures. In 2011, my lower was 100% clean, but my esophagus had cell changes that were one step, maybe 6 months, from becoming cancerous. Esophageal cancer is quick, you get dead in just a few months or a little longer.

They sent me to VAMC Minneapolis, and the GI Doctors burnt the bad cells out with radio waves and surgically. All through an endoscope. 21st Century high tech for sure. No cutting me open, no scars. Once every 3 months for a couple years I went, got put to sleep, and they cleaned all the crap out. My last 3 yearly checkups have been clean. I'd have been dead in 2013 if not for the upper exam. You can't feel esophageal cancer until you're dying, it's very sneaky. I never felt or suspected a thing. I haven't had a cold since 1993, always healthy as a mule.

When you go in for the lower GI exam, ask your Doctor to recommend an upper.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Tinhorn
    Member #
    My doctors want me to stay alive not for my health but because I have paid so many 100,000s of dollars into their retirement plans.
    Victor N TN likes this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I had my first one when I was 55, as others have said "OMG, Yuck", but it was clean and the Doc said he didn't need to see me until I was 65.
    Victor N TN likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Mom's first was when she was in her late 60s. They found a couple of polyps that were pre- cancerous. She harped at her baby brother until he had one. He had cancer and had 2 feet of his colon removed. Together they got me to be checked. Only a couple of simple polyps.

I was laying on the table on my side talking to the nurse anesthetist (?) and she told me the doctor just came in. I looked over my shoulder and he was 10 feet away washing his hands. She reached up and got the plastic manifold thing that had all the tubes coming out of it. I said, "I'll see you on the other side". She patted my butt and said, "NO, you won't". My head fell over and I was out.

Like others have said. The prep was the worse part of it.
    Victor NRA Life Member
    Team 45-70 member #1581
    Team Old "Pharts" # 336

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links