Glenfield 30 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Glenfield 30

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Here is the barrel stamp on my Westpoint Model 33. Hopefully it will show up OK.
    DSCF0120.JPG
    Marlinjunkie and cajun56 like this.
    Rotary Mag Savage 99 lover
    Model 336A/336XLR 24 inch barrel hoarder
    Too many Marlins to list--especially the ones in 35 Rem
    Lovin' life in a Red State and hope it stays that way
    U.S. Army Retired (1984-2004) Yeah--spent time doin' the OEF/OIF thing

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohnkewfd View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the detailed info. Looks like I have a few more to find. I’m trying to get all of the store brand Marlin levers. So far I have 3 30A’s , 2 westernfield, 2 Revelation, 3 Glenfield 36, Sears 45. And a few regular old 336’s lol
    The chain I worked for, Globe Discount City sold the 30 Glenfields by the thousands. An interesting little known bit of trivia; It's well known that Marlin offered the Glenfield 30 with a Glenfield 4X scope and mounts for just a few more bucks than the plain G 30, however, 1969 I think, I received a buyer's shipment of G30's w/scopes for a sale. When we had sales on some items the buyer would take the discount (markdown) against his sales instead of the store. Anyway the boxes were marked as Glenfield 30 scoped combos, BUT inside were Marlin 336 RC's. The story I got from some detail men was the stock storage facility burned and Marlin honored the larger accounts by fulfilling Glenfield orders with Marlins. Since the sale discount on those guns went against the buyer I ordered 30 cases (300 rifles)from our warehouse in an additional order and was able to let the buyer take the hit and being the department manager I wouldn't have the discount deducted from my sales, plus running up my department's firearms sales numbers. The sale started just before September but I ran them on sale until the end of the year and I ran out by the beginning g of December (Christmas sales season) so I ordered 20 more cases. My immediate manager, the "hardlines manager", about defecated an extremely hard cubical construction object both times, but there was nothing he could do once my orders were placed. He was extremely happy, though, when I was 1st in Sporting Goods sales for the entire 23 store chain and he was promoted to be General Store Manager. As an additional incentive I mounted and bore sighted the scopes.
    Last edited by puma guy; 10-16-2019 at 09:41 AM.
    My Faith, My Gun, My Constitution; I cling to all three!
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Texas State Rifle Association Life Member
    100 Club Life Member
    TexasCHLForum

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Hey Ret-Eng would you be interested in selling?

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Nope! I will be hunting with it this year.
    Rotary Mag Savage 99 lover
    Model 336A/336XLR 24 inch barrel hoarder
    Too many Marlins to list--especially the ones in 35 Rem
    Lovin' life in a Red State and hope it stays that way
    U.S. Army Retired (1984-2004) Yeah--spent time doin' the OEF/OIF thing

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by puma guy View Post
    The chain I worked for, Globe Discount City sold the 30 Glenfields by the thousands. An interesting little known bit of trivia; It's well known that Marlin offered the Glenfield 30 with a Glenfield 4X scope and mounts for just a few more bucks than the plain G 30, however, 1969 I think, I received a buyer's shipment of G30's w/scopes for a sale. When we had sales on some items the buyer would take the discount (markdown) against his sales instead of the store. Anyway the boxes were marked as Glenfield 30 scoped combos, BUT inside were Marlin 336 RC's. The story I got from some detail men was the stock storage facility burned and Marlin honored the larger accounts by fulfilling Glenfield orders with Marlins. Since the sale discount on those guns went against the buyer I ordered 30 cases (300 rifles)from our warehouse in an additional order and was able to let the buyer take the hit and being the department manager I wouldn't have the discount deducted from my sales, plus running up my department's firearms sales numbers. The sale started just before September but I ran them on sale until the end of the year and I ran out by the beginning g of December (Christmas sales season) so I ordered 20 more cases. My immediate manager, the "hardlines manager", about defecated an extremely hard cubical construction object both times, but there was nothing he could do once my orders were placed. He was extremely happy, though, when I was 1st in Sporting Goods sales for the entire 23 store chain and he was promoted to be General Store Manager. As an additional incentive I mounted and bore sighted the scopes.
    I REMEMBER! I was a student at San Jacinto Jr. College that year and visited Globe Discount often! What a memory!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    My Glenfield 30GT was purchased at the Western Auto store in Lusk, Wyoming back in 1979. It has put a lot of meat on our table across the decades of regular use.

TR
    Marlinjunkie, Arky73 and cajun56 like this.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    I remember Globe as well. It was the original superstore in Texas.

Papalote
    cajun56 likes this.
    11 Team 444

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links