Glenfield 30 vs. Marlin 30-TK
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By smnst

Thread: Glenfield 30 vs. Marlin 30-TK

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Glenfield 30 vs. Marlin 30-TK

Many consider the Marlin Model 30-TK to be one of the most accurate 336’s due to the manner in which the 3/4 magazine tube is attached to the barrel. Recently acquired a Glenfield Model 30 which also has a 3/4 magazine and was wondering if it shares the same reputation as the 30-TK for better accuracy. The magazine tube on the 30 does have a different attachment setup.

Thanks

Wrangler
    Member #
    I recently picked up a Glenny model 30 from a fellow MO member, but have not yet fired it. I have read that barrel banded guns are not as accurate as those with the for-end caps, but I found all my Marlin guns to be equally accurate. Maybe I am not a good enough shot to notice a real difference.
    Arky73 and Lever Jac like this.
    Team 35 #51
    Team 30-30 #133
    Team Rem. 700 #55

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I haven’t shot my Glenn yet either and just installed a XS Sight on my 30-TK. I also just traded for a Marlin 336 with a 20-inch barrel, so I’ll now get a chance to if the 3/4 mad tubes are more accurate.

Interesting to note that the 30-TK uses a band to attach the mag to the barrel, and the Glenn uses a end-cap. Will see if that makes any difference.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links