Glenfield model 60. .. finest. 22 rimfire rifle made.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree19Likes
  • 10 Post By buckweet
  • 3 Post By flatnose
  • 3 Post By Ret_Eng
  • 1 Post By navajo
  • 1 Post By scawthonjr1974
  • 1 Post By Goldtrigger

Thread: Glenfield model 60. .. finest. 22 rimfire rifle made.



  1. #1
    Marlin Marksman
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    west central mo
    Posts
    1,037
    Member #
    10943
    Thanked
    1095 times

    Glenfield model 60. .. finest. 22 rimfire rifle made.

    Went over to brothers house.
    Took the glenfield squirrel stock, that arrowdodger had completely reworked ---
    Trigger job,new feed throat. Fine tuned..
    Slickest little. 22 ya ever saw
    Taking turns plinking, we had a blast..
    The little thing, sure is accurate.
    Couldn't miss.
    Just wanted to say.. i think the glenfields are sleepers.
    Excellent shooters . Brother is a Winchester 52B kinda guy..
    But after he shot this, he wants one !
    Many thanks to ArrowDodger, for all his expertise.
    And patience,
    everyone needs one of these...
    Bearhands, Hatchman, T.R. and 7 others like this.

  2. #2
    Marlin Marksman
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Taylors, SC
    Posts
    1,884
    Member #
    4096
    Thanked
    3578 times
    I saw one at Cabela's the other week, but it was pretty rough. Not to mention they actually wanted $465 for it. It had a cheap, no-name scope on it. We have goons working at our Cabela's. Good stuff never hits the used rack. It winds up on GB.
    Big, flatnose bullets eliminate tracking.

    NRA Benefactor Life Member

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Remington, VA
    Posts
    23,108
    Member #
    32299
    Thanked
    139062 times
    I bought a very good 1977 specimen from the LGS a few months back. Yep, they are accurate---I ain't selling mine. I used Arrowdodgers YouTube videos to fix a feeding problem--that guy knows everything about the Mod 60.
    Marlinjunkie, cajun56 and buckweet like this.
    Rotary Mag Savage 99 lover
    Model 336A/336XLR 24 inch barrel hoarder
    Too many Marlins to list--especially the ones in 35 Rem
    Lovin' life in a Red State and hope it stays that way
    U.S. Army Retired (1984-2004) Yeah--spent time doin' the OEF/OIF thing

  4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    "Opinionated Texan" Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Simsboro, Texas
    Posts
    22,718
    Member #
    37118
    Thanked
    212967 times
    I am not a big fan but to each his own.
    Can't deny their accuracy though...
    buckweet likes this.
    Navajo
    Lever-Action Addict
    Savage 99 fan
    MXLR fan
    Full-Blood Texan





  6. #5
    Marlin Marksman
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    west central mo
    Posts
    1,037
    Member #
    10943
    Thanked
    1095 times
    Quote Originally Posted by navajo View Post
    I am not a big fan but to each his own.
    Can't deny their accuracy though...
    Try one after arrowdoger gets done with it ! ..
    Might make you into fan !

  7. #6
    Tenderfoot
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    140359
    Thanked
    1 times
    I have a couple of the glenfields and a couple of the Western Auto Revelations. These are by far, in my opinion, the best little .22 made. The previously mentioned rifles are all funtioning older styles. I actually have acquired a new style post 1985 that someone used for a crutch when the guy rolled his ankle while hunting. Obviously, I have it now because he basically destroyed it. The stock and trigger group are mangled beyond repair. The barrel and feed tube are both rusted pretty bad. I have finally purchased a used stock and still have to get a trigger group for the new style with the bolt release.

    I am actually looking for advice on finishes for the barrel and feed tube, because they are rusted pretty bad, re bluing wouldnt do it justice.
    buckweet likes this.

  8. #7
    Gun Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    NE TN + SW FL
    Posts
    2,385
    Member #
    61381
    Thanked
    4623 times
    I picked up a marlin 60 w with gold trigger and broken stock for $50 waiting for boyds deliver of evolution stock looking forward to trying it out
    buckweet likes this.

  9. #8
    Marlin Marksman
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    west central mo
    Posts
    1,037
    Member #
    10943
    Thanked
    1095 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scawthonjr1974 View Post
    I have a couple of the glenfields and a couple of the Western Auto Revelations. These are by far, in my opinion, the best little .22 made. The previously mentioned rifles are all funtioning older styles. I actually have acquired a new style post 1985 that someone used for a crutch when the guy rolled his ankle while hunting. Obviously, I have it now because he basically destroyed it. The stock and trigger group are mangled beyond repair. The barrel and feed tube are both rusted pretty bad. I have finally purchased a used stock and still have to get a trigger group for the new style with the bolt release.

    I am actually looking for advice on finishes for the barrel and feed tube, because they are rusted pretty bad, re bluing wouldnt do it justice.



    I just simply used some rattle can flat black on one of my magazine tubes.. it turned out pretty good.

  10. #9
    Marlin Marksman
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    west central mo
    Posts
    1,037
    Member #
    10943
    Thanked
    1095 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtrigger View Post
    I picked up a marlin 60 w with gold trigger and broken stock for $50 waiting for boyds deliver of evolution stock looking forward to trying it out


    How did it turn out ??

  11. #10
    Gun Wizard
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Fla.
    Posts
    3,732
    Member #
    2441
    Thanked
    1876 times
    Had one for a long time.
    The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience.


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Marlin (Glenfield)Model 20, .22 rimfire, bolt action, EXTRACTION!
    By Sgt Steve in forum Repairing Your Guns
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 01:47 PM
  2. Glenfield Model 10 (rimfire)
    By horseshoe in forum Glenfield Rimfires
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 08:42 PM
  3. Model 60 Rimfire Rifle
    By AzManiac in forum Rimfires
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Model 60 Rimfire Rifle
    By AzManiac in forum Rimfires
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 12:43 PM
  5. Marli model 27 s, 25 rimfire rifle
    By grndpndr in forum Marlin Collectors
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 12:51 AM

Search tags for this page

rimfire 22

Click on a term to search for related topics.