• 1 Post By Scorpiusb
  • 1 Post By mr surveyor
  • 1 Post By 303hunter
  • 2 Post By drinva

Thread: New Scope

Wrangler
    Member #

New Scope

2007 981T with Basix trigger. Picked up a Nikon P3 3x9x40 Target EFR scope. Read a lot of great things about it. Nikon getting out of scope business and LGS knocked off $30 so couldn't resist. Only rings I had handy were Weaver low (too low) and extra high but too cheap so extra high will do. Hopefully sight in this weekend
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Looks good! It also looks like the only way to get that scope lower is to remove the rear iron sight... Extra high works...
    marlinluvr likes this.
    Bart

Team Old Pharts, Team Marlin Express, Team 30-30, Team 45-70, Team 60, Team Henry, Team Semi-Auto, Marlin League, Team Glenfield, Team 1894

Symptoms of Marlinitis

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by settingsun1892 View Post
    Nikon getting out of scope business
    Do what? Where did you hear that?

DR
    Team 60 #324, Team .22 Magnum #114, Team Bolt Action Rimfire #102, Team Wheelguns #54, Team 700 #5, Team Semi-Auto #41, Team Henry #106
    "Dying ain't so hard for men like you and me, it's the living that's hard" Ten Bears

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by drinva View Post
    Do what? Where did you hear that?

DR

that seems to have been the word for the last couple of months ... I know I've seen it here and elsewhere.

I've used Nikon glass different times in my "day job" and found it good quality optic glass. I also have a couple of Nikon rifle scopes that just seem to perfectly fit the need. If it's true they are on the way out, I'll find something else if I really need it ...

jd
    drinva likes this.
    Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!!

Team 30-30 #939
    Team Rossi #5
    Team Wheelguns #44

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    that seems to have been the word for the last couple of months ... I know I've seen it here and elsewhere.

I've used Nikon glass different times in my "day job" and found it good quality optic glass. I also have a couple of Nikon rifle scopes that just seem to perfectly fit the need. If it's true they are on the way out, I'll find something else if I really need it ...

jd
    I have a lot of Nikon glass on top of steel, by far my most favorite. Dang shame if they stop producing.

DR
    Team 60 #324, Team .22 Magnum #114, Team Bolt Action Rimfire #102, Team Wheelguns #54, Team 700 #5, Team Semi-Auto #41, Team Henry #106
    "Dying ain't so hard for men like you and me, it's the living that's hard" Ten Bears

Tinhorn
    Member #
    It’s true, as of January 2020 Nikon will no longer produce riflescopes. I heard this in November, and called Nikon. They told me it was true, but balked when asked for a reason. They did say they’ll continue to honor warranties. I figure they’ll warranty scopes as long as they have parts, how long they’ll have parts is anybody’s guess.
    drinva likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 303hunter View Post
    It’s true, as of January 2020 Nikon will no longer produce riflescopes. I heard this in November, and called Nikon. They told me it was true, but balked when asked for a reason. They did say they’ll continue to honor warranties. I figure they’ll warranty scopes as long as they have parts, how long they’ll have parts is anybody’s guess.
    I wonder who bought out Nikon in one way or another. They are at the very least #2 in the rifle scope scene. Makes NO sense to give up such a successful line for nothing in return. Who will be the next brand that replaces them? Nikon was the only maker that could give Leupold any competition in MY eyes. Sure, there are other brands, but in my opinion the quality just isn't there for the $$. Why drop an entire line that is THAT successful? Something about this deal just doesn't feel or smell right to me......

DR
    303hunter and Black Knight like this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links