XT-22 Extracts Spent Cartridge But Does Not Eject Most Of The Time - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: XT-22 Extracts Spent Cartridge But Does Not Eject Most Of The Time

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    It's not on/in the bolt - it's a little stamped metal bit that is pinned to the bottom of the action and rides just above the magazine. The tip looks sort of like paperclip wire. It rides in the little V-shaped groove in the bottom of the bolt.
    gunscrewguy likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Gunscrewguy,

That part in the owner's manual exploded parts diagram is for the .22 magnum. It looks like part #42 listed as Ejector; Magnum. The ejector in the .22LR is part #18 in the parts manual, magazine latch/ejector. Really hard to see in the exploded diagram as it is shown mounted to the magazine guide.

Everyone, JetBlack, Gunsrewguy, and Cowboy23 was correct. I took an empty .22LR cartridge case and loaded it into the chamber and cycled the bolt opening it slowly. Understand there is a some slop between the bolt handle and slot it travels in as you move it to the rear. I found that if I opened it while pressing it down against the bottom of the slot the case would not eject. It would barely make contact with the ejector and then ride up over the ejector. If I cycled the bolt and pressed the bolt up against the top of the slot it would eject every time.

I removed the stock and the screw holding down the front of the magazine guide. The guide pivots up on the mounting pin in the rear of guide bringing the ejector with it. I took a pair of pliers and gently tweaked the ejector more toward the center. I mean I tweaked it an almost imperceptible amount. I secured the magazine guide back in place, inserted the cartridge case and cycled the bolt. Now no matter where I hold the bolt handle, up against the top or down against the bottom of the slot, the case ejects every time. I will be taking the rifle to the range this afternoon and test it while shooting and rapidly cycling the bolt.

Thank you one and all.

Respectfully
    Brickrider
    gunscrewguy and JetBlack like this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Good fix!

AC

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I took the rifle to the range and ran about sixty rounds through it. It operated perfectly every time. No failures to feed, fire, and eject. Problem solved.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Respectfully
    Brickrider

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    It always feels good when a fix is easy and works the first time I spent a surprisingly long time tuning my 1911 ejector to stop it from bouncing the spent shells off my forehead. I can't describe how distracting that is LOL!
    Brickrider likes this.
    Your shadow is a confirmation that light has traveled nearly 93 million miles unobstructed, only to be deprived of reaching the ground in the final few feet thanks to you.
    Coffee is hard to make when you haven't had your coffee yet. This is called the "pre-caffeinated paradox".
    "The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln
    The person who would proof read Hitler's speeches was literally a grammar Nazi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links