Glenfield 25 Trigger
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Glenfield 25 Trigger

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Glenfield 25 Trigger

I picked up a pair of 25’s awhile back, and I’m getting ready to start a little restoration work. One has been Ceracoated sniper gray, and the stock has been nicely refinished. The other has very nice blueing, but the stock needs work.

The blued rifle will receive a stock refinish, Leupold scope rings, and a Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40 scope that I already have. I’ve also ordered a M Carbo trigger spring. This is where I’ll need some advice. What pieces on this trigger will benefit from polishing? I’ve done many AR triggers, but this rimfire trigger is new territory. Any advice will be appreciated.

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    First welcome to the forum, there plenty here that have tons of info, give it a little time. When you get done we love pic's ...
    303hunter likes this.
    What this country needs is a department of common sense! The tree of liberty would be a great place for hang mans ropes!
    Team 22 Magnum # 46
    Team Old Pharts # 235
    Team Wheel gun # 74
    Team 22 bolt action # 5
    Team 60 # 511

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 303hunter View Post
    I picked up a pair of 25ís awhile back, and Iím getting ready to start a little restoration work. One has been Ceracoated sniper gray, and the stock has been nicely refinished. The other has very nice blueing, but the stock needs work.

The blued rifle will receive a stock refinish, Leupold scope rings, and a Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40 scope that I already have. Iíve also ordered a M Carbo trigger spring. This is where Iíll need some advice. What pieces on this trigger will benefit from polishing? Iíve done many AR triggers, but this rimfire trigger is new territory. Any advice will be appreciated.
    When you remove the trigger's pivot to install the new spring, get some 600 grit sandpaper and remove any burrs from the inside edges of the 2 pillars that the trigger rotates between. The trigger sides that contact against the pillars should be rather smooth, but if not then remove any burrs there also.

If the pivot is a press fit rather than a screw, be sure to insert an auto points feeler gauge to take up any gap between the pillars and trigger before driving out the pin, do the same when reinstalling. This will ensure the gap is retained and the pillars not pinched together.
    303hunter likes this.
    Team 22 Magnum #0095
    Team Bolt Action Rimfire #143

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I’ve already driven the pin out. Hope I haven’t messed it up.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike 2010 View Post
    First welcome to the forum, there plenty here that have tons of info, give it a little time. When you get done we love pic's ...
    . Thanks for the welcome.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 303hunter View Post
    I’ve already driven the pin out. Hope I haven’t messed it up.
    Just make sure the pillars didn't get bent together and are pinching the trigger so it doesn't pivot freely. Don't spread them apart any if you can get the trigger between them without needing to force it. A little synthetic grease that isn't temperature sensitive would also be good. Don't use a grease that gets hard in cold weather,
    303hunter likes this.
    Team 22 Magnum #0095
    Team Bolt Action Rimfire #143

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Trigger spring arrived today, and is a bit larger diameter than the factory spring. Is this normal? I also found the pen spring that’s being used on utube, and it’s also larger diameter.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    The Glenfield 25 used the early style trigger spring that is smaller in diameter than the later models. You will find that a flint spring from a lighter, or the spring from a tire valve stem to be the correct size.
    The later models used a spring that was the same as the "BIC" pen spring that is popularly used.
    springer1 and 303hunter like this.
    Team 60 - #114
    Team 22 Magnum - #022
    Team Bolt Action Rimfire #16
    Team 39 #477

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Welcome from Missouri. I installed the MCarbo spring on my 25 and it made a world of difference.
    springer1 and 303hunter like this.
    Team 39 #474, Team 60 #445, Team Bolt Action Rimfire #163, Team 22 Magnum #172
    Team Glenfield #85, Team 30-30 #1370, Team 32 Special #162, Team 35 #749, Team 444 ​#761
    Team 45/70 #1831, ​Team Marlin Express

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvlin View Post
    The Glenfield 25 used the early style trigger spring that is smaller in diameter than the later models. You will find that a flint spring from a lighter, or the spring from a tire valve stem to be the correct size.
    The later models used a spring that was the same as the "BIC" pen spring that is popularly used.
    Would it be possible to drill the hole in the trigger to fit the later spring? Excuse me if I’m asking dumb questions, but I’ve been an AR guy for a long time, and the bolt rifle work is pretty new to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links