Marlin I know didly about??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Marlin I know didly about??

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Marlin I know didly about??

I got a Marlin .22lr before my uncle passed, on the barrel it’s stamped model 99C. I believe this is an Old Style but I don’t know if y’all could let me know it’d be helpful!! Also it was so crush I took it apart to clean it but I think I got it all back together but what do I do with the spring for the cartridge lifter?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome from Alabama... It looks like an old style to me... The end of the lifter is supposed to be inside the feedthroat... Use this PDF by Arrowdodger to help... https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/a...pdf-122109.pdf
    turbobug and cajun56 like this.
    Bart

Team Old Pharts, Team Marlin Express, Team 30-30, Team 45-70, Team 60, Team Henry, Team Semi-Auto, Marlin League, Team Glenfield, Team 1894

Symptoms of Marlinitis

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Looking closely at the picture on the right, it looks like your feed throat is broken... The piece across the rear that keeps the lifter in place is broken off the feed throat...

Where the arrows are pointing to...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Marlinjunkie and Sambane like this.
    Bart

Team Old Pharts, Team Marlin Express, Team 30-30, Team 45-70, Team 60, Team Henry, Team Semi-Auto, Marlin League, Team Glenfield, Team 1894

Symptoms of Marlinitis

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gunfighter
    Member #
    That being said you can get the new style throat from Numrich Arms,they use to provide the improved one as a kit,they may stil do so,call them ,I used one and it works great,high quality.it ,your model 99c is a great little rifle.enjoy it!
    Marlinjunkie likes this.
    eing of a mind that an armed populace is a free populace...I'm armed

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Yea the FT is definitely broken, I’ve ordered a whole complete lower assembly off of a fellow from eBay. I had him send me some close ups and the feed throat looks good. We will see how long this will last and the part comes in today so I’ll let y’all know how it goes. I just didn’t want to do a new model conversion because I believe you still have to shave down the side of the FT to fit the old style bolt?? Yea my uncle gave it to me when he was very bad health and I was a little bitty thing back then but I know before she messed up I had put a several thousand rounds through her. I’d have my dad get me the box of 525 Winchester’s every weekend and me an my buddy would go shooting down the road on our farm had lots of fun with her.
    Last edited by KodyB; 11-07-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I have another question while I’m thinking about it. Will a new model buffer work in the old models? I mean I think they would since there’s not really a whole lot changed on since manufacturing from the olds to news besides the bolt hold open on news.
    Marlinjunkie likes this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    IIRC the holes are a different ID but that was because it allowed it to move a little more to seat better in rear post bolt contact, they work fine.
    Marlinjunkie likes this.
    Team 336 #369
    Team 444 #511
    Team 450 #59
    Team 45-70 #425
    Team 1894 # 120
    Team 60 #454

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Welcome to MO from Midcoast Maine. I hope the new FT works.
    ​~ Mike
    <*)(((((>{

Captain Team Shotgun, Captain Handgun Team Semi-Auto
    Teams 30-30, 45-70, 35 Rem, 44-40, Wheelguns

Wrangler
    Member #
    KodyB,
    I have a model 99 M1 and the action is the same in the model 60. I went to Numrich Arms and got new replacement parts for the action. I got the nylon bumper and a new shell feed throat. You might have to alter it a bit but I didn't have any trouble with the work. As I recall there is a sheet that came with the feed throat and it was simple to make the changes. It consisted of filing/grinding off a protusion and I also picked up various other infinitesimal parts associated with that action.
    Marlinjunkie likes this.
    We do Precision Guesswork.
    Team 45/70 #160
    Team 444 #782
    GMO #5, NC, SC MO # 11
    USN Veteran

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    So I forgot to post but I found this Person on eBay that was selling the whole action and I received it a few days ago I slapped her in an she’s back to flawless again not a single jam and I shot her almost all day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links