Action comparability questions
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ramzy

Thread: Action comparability questions

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Action comparability questions

Hey fellas I've searched and searched and found mixed answers and no definite on what works and what doesnt. I recently picked up another squirrel stock Glenfield 60 with the old style screw side plate action. Somebody robbed all the disconnector,hammer and sear parts out of it but I want to revive it. I can pick up a new style action with LSHO for cheaper than the parts and I'll get the updated feed throat that way. I've read some places it works and some say it doesn't. Will my old style bolt and trigger work with it? I know I need to notch the trigger guard for the LSHO lever. Thanks in advance!
    Scorpiusb likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    The first thing I'd do is fire off a PM to Arrowdodger... The man has forgotten more about the Model 60 action than most of us ever knew...
    Bart

Team Old Pharts, Team Marlin Express, Team 30-30, Team 45-70, Team 60, Team Henry, Team Semi-Auto, Marlin League, Team Glenfield, Team 1894

Symptoms of Marlinitis

Gunfighter
    Member #
    The screws on the old style action are larger in diameter than the pins on the new style receivers.
    You may find this post useful.
    https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/r...will-used.html
    You could also notch the tabs on the front of the action a little bit more to fit the old style receiver screws, but I would hesitate to do this as it is not reversible.
    The feed throat may have to be beveled to clear the notch in the bottom of the bolt if you have the style of bolt that has one side square and the other side beveled.
    The lower front edges of the bolt will need to be beveled in order for the last shot hold open lever to operate correctly.
    https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/r...sho-added.html

A new style bolt will make life a lot easier since it will match the new style LSHO action.
    Team 60 - #114
    Team 22 Magnum - #022
    Team Bolt Action Rimfire #16
    Team 39 #477

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvlin View Post
    The screws on the old style action are larger in diameter than the pins on the new style receivers.
    You may find this post useful.
    https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/r...will-used.html
    You could also notch the tabs on the front of the action a little bit more to fit the old style receiver screws, but I would hesitate to do this as it is not reversible.
    The feed throat may have to be beveled to clear the notch in the bottom of the bolt if you have the style of bolt that has one side square and the other side beveled.
    The lower front edges of the bolt will need to be beveled in order for the last shot hold open lever to operate correctly.
    https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/r...sho-added.html

A new style bolt will make life a lot easier since it will match the new style LSHO action.
    Thanks! I took apart my new model and laid all the parts out side by side to compare and even loosely fitted the new model action. Looks like some light filing on the bolts or action and it should sit right in. I bought a new model action and am bidding on a bolt. I'll update the thread with results.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links