To replace an assault rifle with a lever…. - Page 33
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Like Tree533Likes

Thread: To replace an assault rifle with a lever….

Deadeye
    Member #
    JackTW I also loath the term "Assult Rifle". It makes my blood boil, puts my nose out of joint what ever or however someone wishes to describe it. I've gotten down right vicious verbally, even with my own family members over it!
    It is a term the libs came up with decades ago and is SO over used and wrong I can't even begin to express myself on it. The 2nd Amendment has absolutely NOTHING in it about hunting, competitive shooting, or sporting PERIOD. it is our right to protect ourselves against a tyrannical government PERIOD. It out lays what we can do in such an occasion god forbid it ever comes to that.

Now as far as replacing an AR with a lever action that's up to you. Each has its own abilities. For me personally if the blank hits the fan I know what I'm grabbing and it won't be a lever. I can give volume of fire plus accurate fire in all light conditions. Carry a lot more ammunition and reload a whole lot faster.
    That's my take on the topic.
    Team 35 Rem #781 JM 336 in 35 Remington
    Team 30-30 #1438 JM 336 in 30-30
    Team 38-55 #27 Mdl 1893 in 38-55
    Team 1894 #586 JM 1894 in 44 mag
    Team 22 Mag #190 XT-22M
    Team Henry #146 Frontier 22LR
    Team Wheel Gun #131
    Team Semi-Auto #75
    Team Old Pharts #389

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Agreed, VSala. I love my levers for hunting but when things get frisky, I have a good number of other firearms better suited for the job at hand.

Jack
    1Merlin, Cowboy23* and VSala like this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKTW View Post
    Agreed, VSala. I love my levers for hunting but when things get frisky, I have a good number of other firearms better suited for the job at hand.

Jack
    One should never forgo functionality for the task at hand. You choose the best platform for the job.
    VSala, JACKTW and 1Merlin like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    You know this has got me thinking and I keep coming back to one conclusion, its more about the man that the gun. The best self loading magazine fed rifle cant compensate for lack of skill. Think about it, take your cousin or a guy from work with little or no firearm experience. Hand him a semi auto rifle. He wont know how to load it let alone fire to effect and a stoppage? He would be there till the following Sunday.

I like threads like this. I am very odd indeed.
    1Merlin likes this.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    The box magazine lever rifles could be modified to take higher capacity magazines. A BLR or Henry Long Ranger with 20 shots would be quite effective.
    1Merlin likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I love my leverguns for all the reasons that I have them, but home defense is not one of them. I keep a 5.56 for that and it sits ready 24/7 with a light, red dot sight and laser sight operated by pressure switch loaded with 2-30rd magazines clamped together and another two sitting next to it. I don't get a big thrill out of shooting the 5.56 as I've done enough of that for this life and the next, but there isn't a levergun on the planet that'll touch what it can do as far as defending my home and family.
    1Merlin likes this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tranteruk View Post
    You know this has got me thinking and I keep coming back to one conclusion, its more about the man that the gun. The best self loading magazine fed rifle cant compensate for lack of skill. Think about it, take your cousin or a guy from work with little or no firearm experience. Hand him a semi auto rifle. He wont know how to load it let alone fire to effect and a stoppage? He would be there till the following Sunday.

I like threads like this. I am very odd indeed.
    It always comes down to the Indian, and not the arrow. The guy with more skill, better tactics, more willingness to fight is going to beat the guy the just has better gear. AR15s/etc are awesome but they aren't magic wands. You're still going to need to train if you want to be effective.

In an actual dirty fan situation there are going to be a bunch of people dumping their 10 AR mags, 10lb decked out AR, and plates on the side of the road when he figures out carrying food and water are more important. The guy with a .357 Marlin will probably hang onto his gun a little longer. If you're at home you can use anything your want but fighting in your front yard is a bad thing. If your plan is to be in a bunch of gunfights you aren't going to last very long no matter your weapon of choice. You need to start networking and building valuable skills/material.
    tranteruk and 1Merlin like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hatt View Post
    It always comes down to the Indian, and not the arrow. The guy with more skill, better tactics, more willingness to fight is going to beat the guy the just has better gear. AR15s/etc are awesome but they aren't magic wands. You're still going to need to train if you want to be effective.

In an actual dirty fan situation there are going to be a bunch of people dumping their 10 AR mags, 10lb decked out AR, and plates on the side of the road when he figures out carrying food and water are more important. The guy with a .357 Marlin will probably hang onto his gun a little longer. If you're at home you can use anything your want but fighting in your front yard is a bad thing. If your plan is to be in a bunch of gunfights you aren't going to last very long no matter your weapon of choice. You need to start networking and building valuable skills/material.
    Some wise words in there. I seen some super heavy super accessorised guns at the range, and asked if they have a wheeled carriage for them? My own rule of thumb, one yard and seven pounds. Dont always make it, but try to stay close.
    1Merlin likes this.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links