Lever Action on Police M4 Qualification Course
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Lever Action on Police M4 Qualification Course

Tinhorn
    Member #

Lever Action on Police M4 Qualification Course

Hope it is not a repost, but wanted to drop it here for educational purposes as well as viewing pleasure.

Given that most home defense scenarios involve fewer than 3 shots fired, the antiquated lever gun seems to hold its' own quite well. Unless you are literally preparing for a horde of attackers or going to war, you will be well prepared if armed with an old school cowboy rifle; yes even if the crooks are wearing soft armor (as you know 357 from a 16 + inch barrel can defeat soft armor). Now, with modern advances, such as rails for lights, ghost ring and red dot sights (which the gentleman in the video does not use), the case grows stronger.

One "revealing" thing in the video, which many modern sporting rifle proponents claim is a disadvantage of a lever gun for self defense, is when the gentleman fires from the prone position with the lever action. He did so without trouble. While he was "up" (read: not completely flat on the ground), a 30 round magazine on a semi auto would also place you up just as high.

He does fumble the reload a little, but this video was taken without practice and he kind of just jumped in and did it. So, practicing the reload would have sped up the process greatly.

As with any firearm, the more you practice, the better you get. Considering the gentleman claims to have not practiced running through the course with a lever action, I'd say that just adds to this platform's viability in "modern" defensive situations.

Thoughts/comments.

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    Good one Thanks..
    What this country needs is a department of common sense! The tree of liberty would be a great place for hang mans ropes!
    Team 22 Magnum # 46
    Team Old Pharts # 235
    Team Wheel gun # 74
    Team 22 bolt action # 5
    Team 60 # 511

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    What's a car bean
    hedrok, Travlin and Reload like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Home defense with a gun in the Uk is a big NO NO. By the time you get your gun out of its locked cabinet its likely to be too late, if not you were wrong to get it. but down the range doing something similar to the course above looks to be a brilliant fun idea, glad I watched the video.
    gunscrewguy and alawrence like this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pounder View Post
    Home defense with a gun in the Uk is a big NO NO. By the time you get your gun out of its locked cabinet its likely to be too late, if not you were wrong to get it. but down the range doing something similar to the course above looks to be a brilliant fun idea, glad I watched the video.
    Just for clarification, if you are home, someone breaks in, tries to kill you or your family, you can no defend yourself?! OR is it you can't shoot someone for stealing your property?! There are many states in the US where you can not use deadly force on a person who is simply stealing.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Just for clarification, if you are home [in the UK], someone breaks in,
    tries to kill you or your family, you can not defend yourself?!
    Even if you live, you've bet thr rest of your life in "the new" Great Britain:
    https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...-uk-is-illegal

Last edited by mehavey; 10-02-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Been carrying my 1894 44mag on duty for years. I have an sbr in the back but the Marlin is an old dear friend. Get alot of odd looks from the younger guys. Probably less the 20 guys still using them in Oklahoma.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pounder View Post
    So the Queen and the royal family members get armed soldiers to defend them if their home is broken into, yet the common subjects cannot defend themselves in their own home with a firearm?
    I think our Marlin Owner Brothers across the pond need to adopt our Constitution!
    Andrew
    pacificpt, gunscrewguy and -69.55 like this.
    The Gene Pool is in need of a lot of Chlorine!

Better yet, drain the entire pool!

Tinhorn
    Member #
    its taken that you can use anything to hand to defend yourself so long as it is reasonable to have it to hand, ie if you are in the bathroom you can use a tooth brush but not a baseball bat. Use a base ball bat in say your workshop and you would have to prove you were in a team or played regularly. Basically you have kill the attacker and place a very large knife in their hand before the police arrive. There is a tale that a chap phoned the police saying his house was being broken into and they replied there was no officers in the area to help. He puts the phone down, counts to 10 and calls them saying its alright he can wait as he has his gun and the attackers are being held until the police arrive, they get there 20 seconds later.
    gunscrewguy and hillbillyhans like this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    I really enjoyed watching it. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links