So you've decided to buy a silencer/suppressor....what now? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: So you've decided to buy a silencer/suppressor....what now?

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I will add that that following the law, avoiding the temptation, and paying the tax is the best 'Stay Out of Jail Card' that $200 can buy. (correct that $200 to 1934 dollars and it is quite a deal) Dot your I's, cross your T's, and enjoy your bit of the wild side. As a lawman I've seen too many otherwise law abiding citizens go down for the obligatory seven years. There, they joined the chorus of the scumbags for the same charge. AC
    njcioffi likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Another thing OP forgot to mention is the stamp collector disease that is contracted on receipt of your first stamp. I got my first can about 2 years ago and Im waiting on my 7th stamp as of last week. You cant fight this addiction
    njcioffi and RRomeo like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by san antonio fj View Post
    Another thing OP forgot to mention is the stamp collector disease that is contracted on receipt of your first stamp. I got my first can about 2 years ago and Im waiting on my 7th stamp as of last week. You cant fight this addiction
    Yah...it ain't so bad right now, but I can feel it getting worse.
    I don't believe in fairy tales, sermons, or stories about money....but thank you kindly for the cigarette.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Need to update info, as of July 13, 2016, no longer need to have LEO sign off, they only need to be notified. Also, those going the NFA Trust route, all trustees must supply finger prints and photos.
    unclesarge58 and njcioffi like this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpooh View Post
    Need to update info, as of July 13, 2016, no longer need to have LEO sign off, they only need to be notified. Also, those going the NFA Trust route, all trustees must supply finger prints and photos.
    Just a bit more clarification. Only those trustees that are considered "responsible persons" are required to send in pictures and fingerprints under the new ATF 41F regulations. For most basic trusts, that means all trustees. For some trusts made by actual trust lawyers (such as the one I use) the responsible people in the trust are clearly stated and can be separate from all of the trustees and only they have to submit. For example, for my trust, only I have to submit if I use the trust. My wife and nephew, who are also on the trust do not. This has been verified by my lawyer and the ATF.
    lilpooh likes this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    This is quite interesting reading.
    Over here in Norway, you can buy a supressor/silencer without problem, just go to a arms dealer or just order it by mail, when received, take your gun to your local gunsmith and he'll fix the rest. Only rule is that it's not allowed to shorten the barrel to less than 47 cm or about 18,5 inches. Besides that, just go and buy one.
    Edited info: According to Norwegian law regarding rifles, the barrel can not be shorter than 400 mm ( 15,75" ) and the total length of the weapon can not be shorter than 840 mm ( 33" )
    Last edited by LarsK; 06-08-2017 at 11:45 PM.
    Kendawg likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links