Has anyone had any experience with veener sights offered by Track of the wolf.
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Gabby1956
  • 3 Post By pathfinder65
  • 2 Post By Drm50
  • 1 Post By Steve_In

Thread: Has anyone had any experience with veener sights offered by Track of the wolf.

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Has anyone had any experience with veener sights offered by Track of the wolf.

I just got off the phone with one of their technicians. He basically told me those sights are made by Pedersoli and that the high end sights are much better for precision shooting. I will only use my Sharps for hunting and probably never shoot pass 300 yards. I am looking at there 3 inch height model for several reasons. Simple flat folding and price around $130.00 bucks. I still need to shoot my set up more before I make a decision to change anything.I am shooting about 6 inchs and maybe 4 to the right. My prescent concern is having enough adjustment to get a proper POA at 25 and 50 yards.
    vt4ster likes this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Well Gabby, undoubtedly, there are better, nicer operating & more expensive Soule sights out there, but I will tell you that I have a gold international Medal, shooting a Pedersoli sight on a Pedersoli rifle (given to me by Mr. Pedersoli ). I'd urge you to get the Hadley eye piece for it (adjustable aperture).
    vt4ster, Gabby1956 and Travlin like this.

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    Those are nice sights but do you have experience hunting with this type of sight. I like Ladders and tangs for target shooting but wouldn't give a penny for one in the woods. May be okay for a stand Hunter to shoot stationary game. They are misrable on moving targets, for me anyway. I once got one up side my face shooting at jumped deer with RB 45/70. I've got ladders and tangs for most of my old originals but never use them in the field. I might if I was shooting buffalo.
    Ray Newman and Gabby1956 like this.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I would guess you will be real challenged to get a close zero and still have 200 to 300 close.
    Does that sight lose windage when you move elevation? Some of the cheaper sights do.
    For 25 and 50 I would just go with an open, use the vernier sight for longer shots.
    I am not sure where you are from or where you plan to hunt but in my experience a deer size target beyond 100 yards gets real small.
    Gabby1956 likes this.
    Steve_In
    People say money can't buy happiness But it can buy me a Marlin and ammo to shoot in it, dies, powder bullets...

Team Southpaw #9 TEAM 1894 #400

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links