Datrn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Datrn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Datrn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last month I was diagnosed with breast cancer, had a mastectomy on april 1 (some joke) left side since I am left handed. any suggestions? I have been thinking about trying to find a concieled carry holster, now with the crater on the left side, maybe I can find one with no bulge.
    Fortunately, I have been practicing ambidextrous shooting.
    Guys, check your selvs for lumps, breast cancer can kill us guys too.
    Cliff
    Blaine, Macoz, cthulhufan and 12 others like this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Wow,,, are you done worrying about the cancer now"? No chemo or anything"
    Maybe we should start up a new forum for "Living with Cancer and we still Love our Guns" forum.
    I was diagnosed with 4th stage colon cancer back in Nov. Going for my 5th chemo treatment this Friday.
    Hang in there tho, you're not alone.

About that ambidextrous shooting. Even tho I am right handed, as a kid I couldn't close my left eye just by itself.
    So I had to learn to shoot left handed. To this day, I am still better at shooting that way even tho I've since been able
    to now close just my left eye. And now because of the recoil, I have to shoot right handed because for the chemo treatments,
    they put a "port" just under my left shoulder about arm pit high. I'm afraid I'll smash it if I use that shoulder.
    Last edited by Marsh444; 04-12-2016 at 08:56 PM.
    Macoz, moofy07, GrondHamar and 5 others like this.
    444S 1979
    Team 444 #706
    Model 60 1979 squirrel gun
    Team Bolt action Rimfire #121.
    Revelation Model 110M 22LR

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Mate, sorry to hear what you've been through. Glad your ok. And marsh444, hope your treatment goes well. Cancer is a *******,and everyone seems to be gettin' it. I know it ain't much in comparison, but I've been basically stuck in bed for 2 weeks with my back. Pain is unbelievable! Had to go 200km up the road last week for radiofrequency neurotomy. That was a fun trip. Take a few weeks to see if it gives any relief. Only painkillers that work when it's this bad is morphine tablets,but they make me vomit for days so I just put up with the pain. Good news is I've got all day to troll the net looking at guns and stuff. Picked up a new coach gun that was waiting for me when I went away,and can't even use it! Anyway,hope you guys are ok and will keep you in my thoughts. Mac.
    Make sure the juice is worth the squeeze.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    made it through the surgery, both the mastectomy and the power port instalation for the chemo. a little spreading, but not much. and, yes, both shoulders messed up now.
    gunscrewguy and Macoz like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    chemo starts in a couple of weeks. then radiation after that. they said they found a couple of hot spots on the scans. also found out I was in stage 3. fighting the swelling of lymphedema now. guys, check yourselvs or get a doctor to show you how. this stuff will kill you as easily as it kills the gals.
    elkhunter76 and gunscrewguy like this.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Hey Cliff,

Prayer sent.

Later, Mark
    Duty is the sublimest word in the English language. Every man should desire to do his duty, no man should desire to do less. Robert E Lee.

Marlinitis Symptoms: More Daily!

Active rescuer of Marlin Rifles, S&W revolvers, 1911's, Mil/Surplus rifles, shotguns.............

Waiting to be banned....

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Sorry to hear about what you fellas are goin' through. Cancer sucks and it's definitely better to catch it early rather than later if possible. Keep up the good fight and you'll make it!
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by alfacliff View Post
    chemo starts in a couple of weeks. then radiation after that. they said they found a couple of hot spots on the scans. also found out I was in stage 3. fighting the swelling of lymphedema now. guys, check yourselvs or get a doctor to show you how. this stuff will kill you as easily as it kills the gals.

Good advice alfacliff. Had a rather large melanoma removed from my forehead 2 years this month. It was caught just in time so I was able to avoid chemo but had 2 surgeries. I see a dermatologist every 6 months now (have re-cancer spots removed every visit) and self check often. Unfortunately the damage done to my skin was done when I was young. We played outside and the first thing every summer I got a crew cut. I meet every criteria for getting it as well as living at high altitude, working and playing outside.

But you are spot on by telling people to self check often!
    I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.....μολὼν λαβέ

There is not one person I would not take hunting......there are a few that would not make it back though.

Team 45/70 Member # 237
    Team Old Pharts #294
    Team 22 Magnum #106
    Team 35 Remington #671
    Team Rem 700 #19
    Team Semi-Auto #4
    Team Wheelgun #6

Deadeye
    Member #
    Cliff, I'm right down the road from you. If you need anything, give me a holler. Especially if it involves more brawn than brains! Hang in there. My wife and I will be praying for you.
    Last edited by ShortStroke; 05-14-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortStroke View Post
    Cliff, I'm right down the road from you. If you need anything, give me a holler. Especially if itinvolves more brawn than brains! Hang in there. My wife and I will be praying for you.
    now that is what makes this website great!
    I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.....μολὼν λαβέ

There is not one person I would not take hunting......there are a few that would not make it back though.

Team 45/70 Member # 237
    Team Old Pharts #294
    Team 22 Magnum #106
    Team 35 Remington #671
    Team Rem 700 #19
    Team Semi-Auto #4
    Team Wheelgun #6

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links