• 2 Post By mywrangler94
  • 5 Post By Drm50
  • 1 Post By mywrangler94
  • 1 Post By J.J.

Thread: Predator light.....

Tinhorn
    Member #

Predator light.....

Hiya guys....I am in the market for a predator light. I have my eye on the Coyote Reaper. Does anyone have one, and what do you think about it. OR...what kind do you have and what do you think of it? There's a lot out there, and to be perfectly frank, a review online, does nothing for the real world use of a product long term. So guys if any of you would be so kind a to let me know what you've got and how you like it.. I would be most appreciative....thanks

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Light force with a red filter and dimmer switch on battery pack, worked very well. We have now switched to NV and a thermal spotter. Gar.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I haven't shot at night for a good while. We have old Brinkman Red spotlight that we shot a lot of Red Fox with. Coyote shooting got big here the last 10yrs and locals have done well with electronic calls and Varmit lights of all kinds, mostly Red. Only a couple guys have the new thermal imaging models. Most are using buckshot with red lights.

One local went to Cabelas and bought a light and a call. He hadnt had any experience night shooting. He set up right below the road where it was open for about 40yds to wood line. Called for awhile and herd something behind him. He saw eyes through scrub behind him and touched off a load of 3" mag 00. To his surprise he shot his vehicle. The eyes were the fender reflectors. He has been taking a beating. I think I could get a good deal on a new light and call off him. Maybe even get it on a trade for some body putty.
    mrguvna, Vooch, DWF and 2 others like this.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    I haven't shot at night for a good while. We have old Brinkman Red spotlight that we shot a lot of Red Fox with. Coyote shooting got big here the last 10yrs and locals have done well with electronic calls and Varmit lights of all kinds, mostly Red. Only a couple guys have the new thermal imaging models. Most are using buckshot with red lights.

One local went to Cabelas and bought a light and a call. He hadnt had any experience night shooting. He set up right below the road where it was open for about 40yds to wood line. Called for awhile and herd something behind him. He saw eyes through scrub behind him and touched off a load of 3" mag 00. To his surprise he shot his vehicle. The eyes were the fender reflectors. He has been taking a beating. I think I could get a good deal on a new light and call off him. Maybe even get it on a trade for some body putty.
    thats funny right there!!!!

It has been years since they allowed us to hunt at night in Beaufort County NC due to the wolves. But when I was doing this I used a night vision scope with IR. tended to work well. I will keep an eye on this thread as always like to know what new tech is working.
    WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THERE IS TYRANNY, WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE , THERE IS LIBERTY......... Thomas Jefferson

life member NRA

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Hello again guys.......A little something for ya......My yard has about 85yards to the woodline. All pretty much open, 'cept for my barn. In any event, I'm a mechanic by trade, and use a Streamlight 800 lumens flashlight at work. Behind my shop, there is a body shop. Anyway, Bobby gets a brainstorm. I go back to the body shop and talk to a friend of mine. I ask him to save me any taillights that have been broken. A few days later he comes to me with a broken taillight. I take the lens home, and cut out a piece to cover the lens of my flashlight. I tape it to the lens of the flashlight. That night I go out into the yard, when I know the deer are visiting, and pop the light on. They look up look right at me, and go back to eating. HOT DANG!! This thing works.....Out to the 85 yards or so, it works great. I go on E-bay, and order a 3 dollar scope mount for it. It really works great for the yard. Got 5 foxes trying to get my chickens already.. Only problem is the battery only lasts about an hour. If the LED was red I would get more distance from it. Here is a pic of my set-up.......IMG_0237.jpg
    white cloud likes this.

"Opinionated Texan" Super Moderator
    Member #
    i have one made by wicked lights that works good.
    https://www.wickedhuntinglights.com/
    Navajo
    Lever-Action Addict
    Savage 99 fan
    MXLR fan
    Full-Blood Texan

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I'm a little late to the game but I'll throw in my $.02. 👍
    I have the three different lights offered by CoyoteLight. In my opinion they "were" the absolute best light on the market! I have personally got eye shine at over 600 yards (I typically scan on 25% power) with a positive ID at around 500 with the original CoyoteLight.
    The newer pro claims detection at around 1000 yards and I don't doubt it.
    They are bright!
    The photo attached is of the Pro model on my Savage .223 and the original CoyoteLight with a grip mounted to the rail.

But CoyoteLight was recently bought out by GSM (owners of MANY outdoor brands)and I've heard both quality and customer service has went on a steady decline since!
    I've heard decent things about the reaper but have no personal experience with them.
    Good luck and let us know what you go with!

~ JJ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    turbobug likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links