SHIPPING TIMES
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pyryman

Thread: SHIPPING TIMES

Site Contributor Supporting Vendor
    Member #

SHIPPING TIMES

Over the years Skinner Sights has been known for "48 hours out the door" and we are still striving for that timing and are achieving it on many orders. Sales have also been at record levels for Skinner Sights the past few months. Our new items, (Skinner "Express" sights, Skinner "Tactical" sights, Sourdough fronts, plus all our special items) have been well received and are keeping me really busy in production.

As listed on our websight, www.skinnersights.com, Tactical Sight page, http://www.skinnersights.com/tactical_sights_14.html , please allow two weeks for production for the Tactical sights. That is not "behind" in production, just how long it takes to work batches into our regular production schedule.

Express sights also require more time in production and finishing so allow a bit more time for delivery.

Each Skinner Sight is hand fit and finished as a "custom" sight. Some models we keep stock and others will become stock items at some point.

Front sights are almost all a "custom" item and we are glad to make them. Front sight sales are also at record numbers. It seems the shooting public is rediscovering the value of the true "Patridge" sight as providing a superior sight picture to the common "bead" front sight. Skinner Sights is proud to be one of the only sources of a solid machined steel or brass Patridge sight for rifles. Thursdays are usually "front sight day" at Skinner sights.

I LOVE MAKING YOUR SIGHTS!!! That passion keeps bringing some new variations and applications to the table, some of which we have not released yet due to demand for our current items. Dr. Skinner and I are working to bring better equipment and processes together which should increase quality (always our first priority) and production allowing for some new offerings in the near future.

The following firearms are currently wearing Skinner Sight Prototypes which will be released for standard production during 2011.

Chipmunk .22 Rifle (wow this one is really cute, quality, solid, and fun)

H&R / NEF Handy Rifle and Buffalo Classic (photo posted in the NEF/H&R Forum)
    CZ 527 Carbine (Minimal bulk, no protrusions, low and solid)

Browning / Winchester High and Low wall Rifles (Barrel mounted just ahead of receiver, proven in the field)

Mossberg 464 30-30 Carbine (Tactical and standard, currently at Mossberg for evaluations)

Ithaca Model 37 Shotgun (New Production, AMAZINGLY well made and beautiful guns, Sight currently at Ithaca for Evaluation)

Chiappa Kodiak 1886 45-70, (Installed as OEM from the factory, This beautiful Rifle sports a solid stainless steel SKINNER SIGHT)

Thank you all for your encouragement, loyalty, and support. These are exciting times!

As always,

ANDY

"The nicest folks I ever meet are fellow shooters..."
    SKINNER SIGHTS
    Building sturdy, attractive, Peep/Aperture sights and other accessories for your rifles. Please visit us at www.skinnersights.com

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Re: SHIPPING TIMES

Hey Andy,
    I keep sending emails via your site but no response. I purchased (ordered) two blued steel sights for my two Marlin 1894's ( .357 Mag and .45 Colt ) plus one set of apertures on May 12th. I use a Mac. The receipt I was able to capture as a pdf basically has only a date, the amount, and the ship to address, no itemized product list or order number. The charge has posted on my VISA account already.
    Did you actually receive the order?
    Can I track the order?
    A friend recently ordered sights for his Henry and recommended you so I gave up on the email responses and just acted on his advice.
    Thanks,
    Marty Burnett

Member #

Re: SHIPPING TIMES

Hello Marty,

I'm responding here even though we have been in touch via email and all questions have been answered. Thanks for sending the second email. I was working hard at production prior to being out of the shop to bear hunt for a few days last week. I try to answer all emails as promptly as possible. Some of the more in depth requests get set aside till there is adequate time to give a measured and informative response. My apologies for the delay, service in the bush was spotty.

When a customer places an order via paypal I let paypal notify that the order went through. There is a confirmation sent automatically that includes an order number. I fill every order that we have stock items for immediately. Some orders are received in between production runs of different models and ship immediately when that run is finished. I have groups of sights finishing every day by model numbers.

Some models have more demand than others and that varys month to month.

I'm pretty much a one man band and try to put my time resources into production so I can ship the very best sights I can on a timely basis. For the most part we ship orders within the week and many orders in 24 - 48 hours. Front sights are all custom made to order and can delay shipment a bit.

I'm shipping 2X the numbers of sights than a year ago along with many other items we have made available to help shooters be successful. Skinner Sights is growing !

No worries! Bear hunting was good and I'm back in the shop continuing making the best sights I can for you!

Thanks for the email, your sights will be on the way!

As always,

Andy
    SKINNER SIGHTS
    Building sturdy, attractive, Peep/Aperture sights and other accessories for your rifles. Please visit us at www.skinnersights.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Hi,

When I searched better sights for my guide gun (yeah yeah - my eyes aren't what they used to be...) and decided to get skinner sights, some questions were bothering me. Well, I got the sights installed and I want to share my experiences with you who might be between Skinners and something else... And these answers are for those who just know why you just can't put optics on your Marlin...

a) Do they work? If you're having trouble with original sights they do work. No more problems with sight picture - go for peep sights. At least they worked for me...
    b) Shipping times? I don't know about you guys back there in the US but my two orders came both in 7 days. This is to inform you all Scandinavian members who keep on checking their mailboxes way too often...
    c) Why to choose Skinner sights? For me the answer was easy. I want to know who made my sights. If someone asks I can always answer that "Andy made these" and tell where to order them from. Sounds way better than saying that "these are made by X...... company". Now think a moment how hard those men (who gather profits from that company) work making those products "they" sell...

Hope this helps those who are in "between sights".

Pyryman
    Last edited by Pyryman; 01-29-2013 at 06:41 AM.
    Parson likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Just wanted to get on here and give my experience with Skinner Sights and shipping times. I ordered the Express sights for my 1894, a .125 aperture, and a 3/8 (.450) front sight late evening on 2 November. They shipped from Montana on 4 November and arrived at their destination (Pennsylvania) on 6 November. Yeah! From Montana to PA. 4 days. I'm stoked.

I live in Maryland, but I actually had them shipped to my family up in PA because we're meeting up there for a hunting trip and wasn't sure how long it would take them to get to me. Turns out I could have had them shipped straight to my house since I'm not leaving for a few more days.

Can't say enough good things about the shipping speed. Proud to be an owner of a Skinner sight! Will update the review when I get em on my rifle and will let you know if anything gets harvested. Thanks Andy!

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Hi Andy,
    I ordered my sight on the 2nd of May and it arrived at my front step here in Canada today.
    Thanks!
    Team 45-70 # 1592

Member #
    Perfect!!! Thanks for letting us know.

Please let me know when we can be more help.

ANDY
    SKINNER SIGHTS

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Despite everything going on with the lock downs I still got my sites within 3 days of them being shipped!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links