delivery time? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: delivery time?

Site Contributor Supporting Vendor
    Member #

Re: delivery time?

Sharp Edges... Yes.. Some of the edges are pretty sharp, esp the dovetail if its removed from the sight (or the inside edges of the DT slot.. Each sight is hand fit and finished. Something about dulled, rounded and blended edges look less "Custom" to me. I'm looking at a Brass Model 39 sight we made today that is almost too pretty to put on a rifle !!! It looks like jewelry or fine art! Tim's design blends well with the lines of the rifle ! The barrel mounted peeps look BEAUTIFUL on the lever guns as well. Deano asked if we could put wings on one to cut down the glare... Maybe... We will be pondering that idea. Still working on the Ladder sights also. I've built one and am working on some final manufacturing processes for production. I know several of you are waiting for one, soon as we get some built we will post a notice here or try to find your Email. If you wish to be put on the "Ladder Sight List" please send me an Email. [email protected] Price on the Ladder sights will be $98 andI' I dont know when I'll get them made. (still waiting for the "lull")

Thanks everyone....

ANDY
    "The nicest folks I ever meet are fellow shooters..."
    SKINNER SIGHTS
    Building sturdy, attractive, Peep/Aperture sights and other accessories for your rifles. Please visit us at www.skinnersights.com

Sidewinder
    Member #

parson i found a set of peeps with wings that i think would look nice on your skinner peeps just some food for thought. here is the web address
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1...LIN_PEEP_SIGHT
    i think the price is a bit high but they look nice i think if you could do something like them it would sell for you. i know i would buy them for my marlins

Tenderfoot
    Member #

got the 30-30 out for some range time in the yard today and all i can say is wow! the reciever sight paired with the new front sight is worlds better than the factory sights! i couldnt believe that i was able to shoot almost as well with these new sights as i could with a scope! come hi-power season....those deer are in some real trouble!!

thanks for an awesome product!

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Site Contributor Supporting Vendor
    Member #

Glad to hear its working well for you 3030! It is amazing how well the Aperture shoots compared to a buckhorn. I guess there is a reason the competition shooters (Olympics and World Cup) uses Apertures instead of blade type sights.

You mentioned hi-power season... Just some food for thought... For the black powder shooters out there, (muzzle loaders)... Try one of our barrel mounted apertures! They not only work GREAT but look wonderful and "at home" on the gun...

Spread the word....

Deano, I've looked at the GEN III Peep and yep it has wings!!! I've been mulling your request over and will come up with a good solution at some point. Since our sights are machined from solid steel, Stainless, or Brass, (And not cast) it will require a bit more machine time. We also want to design it so it looks "right"... We will keep working on it. I'd really like to get the Ladder Sight into full production first. I have the prototype sitting on the bench and its VERY cool...

KEEP SHOOTING !!!!!

ANDY
    "The nicest folks I ever meet are fellow shooters..."
    SKINNER SIGHTS
    Building sturdy, attractive, Peep/Aperture sights and other accessories for your rifles. Please visit us at www.skinnersights.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links