Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Brass Skinner 1895 sight for loan

41K views 302 replies 76 participants last post by  RiskyBusiness 
#1 ·
I have an extra brass base skinner peep sight so I am making it available to people who are interested in skinner sights but don't want to take the leap without trying one first.
I haven't really thought this out but most likely what we'll do is I send it to the first person who is interested, they keep it for a month or till they decide to buy one themselves, then they are responsible to mail it to the next person who is interested. I managed to loose the little allenwrenches so hopefully someone along the way will have one they can add.
I haven't figured out how it moves foreward, maybe when someone's time using the sight is done they post to this thread that it is available and then send it to the first person who responds. If you already have a Skinner peep sight please don't ask to borrow it unless no one else is interested as the primary reason I am making this available is for people who would like to try one out.
Thanks,
Josh

The sight has been loaned out and will be available again in 3 months from 10-20-08 unless for some reason it becomes available again sooner. If you want to try it respond to this thread and I'll notify you when it's available again.

See less See more
G
#9 ·
Thank you, Josh for letting me use this sight. I loved it. It works very well, fit very well, and is a great sight. It held its zero, and did not disrupt any balance of the Marlin Lever Action Rifle.

I would recommend them to anyone who is interested in a peep.

#10 ·
No takers?
LM&LM if you have a use for it you may as well keep it till someone speaks up or if not I guess send it back to me in a couple weeks when your done.

#11 ·
I'd love to be next.
I am wondering how well the peep will work with my new bifocals on the 450 Guide gun I just got.
Who do I actually send my address to?

Thanks,
Vance

#12 ·
Where in AK are you? If your in Eagle River or Anchorage area I can have it sent to me then meet up and help install it etc. Otherwise just talk with Luv'M and Lever'M.

#13 ·
Thanks for the offer knifemaker, but I'm in Kenai & won't be headed for the big city again soon, so unless you are headed to Kenai soon I guess I better go direct to L&L.

#17 ·
Sorry guys, somehow didn't see that people had replied. Yes I am in ER, no probably won't be headed down the Kenai for some time, have too many kids to fit in one car (and haven't got a van or suburban yet) so we don't get out on drives all that often anymore. Sure would like to move down that way or better yet, back to Juneau or Ketchikan myself. If you would just send it to Six_gunz when your done as they already spoke up for it next.
It's been a while but I do make it over to Alaska Outdoor Directory now and then and the Alaska part of 24hourcampfire too, I'm knifemaker on both of them as well.
Thanks,
Josh

#18 ·
Got an email from L&L and it sounds like the sight will be coming my way soon.
Sixguns is next.

Knifemaker, if you ever make it down this way I'll buy the coffee. With all the rain & warm temps we've had down here the last couple days it would probably feel like Juneau or Ketchikan to you!

#19 ·
Where is "down this way"? Got a place I could fire a couple rounds through my new 45-70 nearby? Around here the only place to shoot is the range and I hate that, grew up plinking, never went to a range till I moved here. LOL, sometimes it pays to reread tings and pay more attention, you said IN KENAI not on the Kenai, I figure that must mean Kenai City. Ooh, wind just knocked a branch on the place, gonna have to check it out when the wife gets home with the big flashlight. Last summer she was driving coach for Princess and spent a bit of time taking tourons to Kenai Princess lodge.

#22 ·
I'd like to try it also when it becomes avalible Thanks John

#23 ·
I'm a little behind on where it is right now, I think it's on it's way to Vance.
When Vance is done with it it goes to Steve (S.B.). S.B. when your done with it send it along to John (buffgun).
When I first sent it out it was minus the allen wrench, I think I've found it so if one hasn't been added by someone else whoever has it let me know and I'll send it.
To refresh the terms of the loan are 3 months then mail it to the next person. If you like it so much you buy one please send it along when you get your new one installed so someone else can try it.

To those that have thanked me, the thanks goes to Tim for making a sight that's good enough to be worth passing around and inexpensive enough I can afford to ;D I am just at a point right now where I want a scope on the Guide Gun and can't stand having things that aren't getting used....

#24 ·
great Iv always wanted to try one Thanks John

#25 ·
With so many wanting to try this sight, please delete me from the list so more can experience it sooner. Hope I posted this soon enough not to pose problems with it and thanks for the opportunity.
Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.