What??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What??

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

What??

All of a sudden tonight this the view I get now when clicking on a thread on one laptop. Main computer shows normal thread. Anyone else experience this?

marlin.JPG

Lever Jac this not aimed at you...just used your post as an example of what I'm seeing.
    Last edited by Gohon; 05-05-2020 at 11:05 PM.
    SI VIS PACEM--PARA BELLUM

WHAT WE THINK WE BECOME

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Better sprinkle some Holy Water on that laptop. It's got demons!
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Alright, who let the gremlins out.

That said, moving this thread to [Site Questions, Problems, Comments?] where it belongs. Admin will notice it there and hopefully, round up the gremlins and put them away.

Jack
    Ret_Eng likes this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    I knew this is where the question should be asked...just thought there might be a quicker solution from someone in the other forum. Anyway, hope someone has an answer. Funny thing is none of the other forums I visit on this computer is showing this problem.

WHAT WE THINK WE BECOME

Super Moderator
    Member #
    FWIW, yesterday I started a thread in the mod cave regarding some random site gremlins. I suspect we need some maintenance or possibly an exterminator? LOL

Jack
    Ret_Eng likes this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    I've had this problem for several days now. Irritating
    Nothing is impossible......for the person that don't have to do it !!

Benefactor Member NRA

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Well...cleaned the cookies and restarted with no change. Shut the computer down last night before going to bed. Fired up the computer this morning and all is back to normal. Don't have a clue what happened but will keep fingers crossed that it was just a drive by.

Spoke to soon...as soon as I posted the above it was right back to the same problem. Now what?
    Gareth Holland likes this.

WHAT WE THINK WE BECOME

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohon View Post
    Well...cleaned the cookies and restarted with no change. Shut the computer down last night before going to bed. Fired up the computer this morning and all is back to normal. Don't have a clue what happened but will keep fingers crossed that it was just a drive by.

Spoke to soon...as soon as I posted the above it was right back to the same problem. Now what?

This is a strange one. When it happens again, post a full screen shot.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    You guys might want to put a mask on your computer!
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Jack, when I opened a forum everything looked normal. But when I clicked on thread all the posts from top to bottom looked like the post I uploaded.
    Now...after my last post I started experimenting...first thing I did was turn off the ad blocker and reloaded the tab. Everything went back to normal. Turned the ad blocker back on, reloaded the tab and back to the crappy look. Turned the ad blocker on and off three times and now for the rest of this day at least, everything looks normal. Could the problem have been the ad blocker...don't know but I have been using the same ad blocker for years with no problem. Could the site have added or upgraded something that caused the ad blocker to go wacky on me? Don't know but it is on now and showing 8 ads blocked on this page alone. I'll just have to wait and see if the problems returns but BuckyBadger says he is having the same problem...
    JACKTW likes this.

WHAT WE THINK WE BECOME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links