Beware: New forum software is coming. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Beware: New forum software is coming.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Not only should no one worry about ads, but should not worry about "ad's" or "adds" either. Do as described above and simply block them.
    Marlins: 1951 336RC .30-30 - 1951 39A "Peanut" - 1988 Model 60 (22" blued) - 1982 783 22WMR
    Bangin' Blackhawks Member #30 Team .22 Mag Member #69 Team 30-30 Member #1328 Team Rossi #77

Sidewinder
    Member #
    If you want to see what the "new and improved" forum will look like, go look at www.hondaatvforums.net

It's garbage, and even running ad blockers it still sucks.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I am so happy that it is not Tapatalk. That is a mobile device-centric disaster with tons of ads, lately has been sending emails with updates about non-suscribed forums, it is a member data aggregator, nags you to join "Premium" and has a bad search engine. On the boards I am on it has been the 'killer of forums'. Some were long time forums with international members and a lot of archival goodness.

The Verticalscope forum (StevesNova...) did not look too bad on PC and I can see it is mobile friendly, but not as intrusively as Tapatalk.

Get Firefox and use the uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere and AdBlocker Ultimate, which are great Firefox extensions, and paired with Facebook Container, minimize ads, increase privacy, and greatly limit cross site tracking.
    Last edited by Bill in VA; 12-11-2019 at 06:57 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    I remember the days of a funny tone and 9600 Baud on a PC Junior.
    JM "Jenuine Marlin"

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 256WinMag View Post
    I remember the days of a funny tone and 9600 Baud on a PC Junior.
    I remember when this is how we communicated long distance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ret_Eng likes this.

Army Veteran 67-69 Korea Administrator
    Member #
    Makes me wonder if we'll lose the other half of the pictures from our Reference Library. When we moved to "The Google Cloud" I lost over 200 just from my help posts. I noticed 100s of others gone also.

I have felt sold out to the anti gunners every since.

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKTW View Post
    Got a link to such news?

We have heard zip of such a notion.

Jack
    I'm on a Titan forum which is owned by these very same people and they changed the forum, to me it's not hard, just a little different. I'm also on a car racing site that just got switched to the same thing! Lost a bunch of older guys who didn't like the change!

ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun56 View Post
    I'm on a Titan forum which is owned by these very same people and they changed the forum, to me it's not hard, just a little different. I'm also on a car racing site that just got switched to the same thing! Lost a bunch of older guys who didn't like the change!

ca'jun56

Yeah, I've viewed the new format they're changing their automotive sites over to and I like our format better. But it's more having to learn a whole new mod tools system that would irk me.

Jack
    cajun56 and Ret_Eng like this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Administrator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by swany View Post
    Makes me wonder if we'll lose the other half of the pictures from our Reference Library. When we moved to "The Google Cloud" I lost over 200 just from my help posts. I noticed 100s of others gone also.
    I have felt sold out to the anti gunners every since.
    Do you recall where the images where hosted before? We would not have removed images if we hosted them. If they where hosted off site on pages that are not secure the security certificate the site runs would have invalidated the links. If they are hosted on photobucket there have been a number of ways photobucket has blocked image linking unless you are paying them for an account.
    -Philip

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links