Post punctuation admin help please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Post punctuation admin help please

Sidewinder
    Member #

Post punctuation admin help please

When I write out a post it always comes out as one long paragraph. I've tried extra spacing between sentences and extra empty lines between paragraphs. It always comes out the same, One long paragraph. I see other posts that have punctuation. What am I doing wrong.?Leo
    Last edited by JACKTW; 11-10-2019 at 04:26 PM. Reason: added admin help to thread title

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Probably your settings. Click [settings] next to your profile/log in, then scroll down and click on [general settings], then scroll down to the Miscellaneous Options section, and you'll see the following:
    Message Editor Interface:
    • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    • Basic Editor - A simple text box
    • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

You want the enhanced interface checked, as mine is, then you get the WYSIWYG editing as demonstrated in this post.

Jack
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Thanks for the quick response. I went to the settings as you said. The enhanced interface was checked. Even though I didn't change anything I clicked the save changes button.Lets see how things are now.Leo

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Sidewinder
    Member #
    No, same old thing. I'll try go advanced.Ok I'll write out a bit of stuff. I have several rifles. Mostly bolt actions. One 22 is an auto.I have a 1978 Marlin 1894 44 Mag. I like this a lot.I have Savage rifles. A model II 250 Savage, rebarrled from 243. A Stevens 200 in 223. Not a Savage but built by them.I have a Remington 725 in 280 Remington. I have a Mexican Mauser that was bubbaed, Barrel cut off to 21 3/4 inches. Stock shaved so thin at tip the wood split. I got a Boyds stock for it and a Timney trigger. Need to get it out and shoot it to see if the new stock helped. The trigger helped a bit. It may need professional help. Well let's see how this worked. Leo

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Well Thanks anyway. Leo

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Yeah, I don't have any more ammo to shoot at your problem. Maybe admin can help you with this.

I'm moving your thread to the following forum so admin will see it: Site Questions, Problems, Comments?

Jack
    Scorpiusb likes this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I went back in and changed from the enhanced to basic.
    Just to see what happens.
    Now where did I leave off, Oh yes, the Mexican.
    I have a Marlin 25N 22LR. I have a 3x9 scope on it. A bit much but it works. Shoots most everything well.
    No target rifle but does what I want.
    The Auto 22LR is a Mossberg ITNL 702 Plinkster. plastic stock with fiber optic sights. Mounted a laser sight on the barrel. Not as accurate as the Marlin. I got this as a home defense gun. With the laser sight I can hit a target the size of some ones head with all ten rounds in the mag about as fast as I can pull the trigger. Don't have to worry about shooting through to many walls with it.
    Ok, lets see how this worked.
    Leo
    PS I'll se if I can post a pic too. Nope, The window opens but it's blank.
    Leo

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Hey That works. I can live with that.
    Leo
    JACKTW likes this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Ok Still testing. I went back in settings and changed to the enhanced. Just to see what happens. I can always change back.A bit more about me I guess. I'm 63 years old. I'm now retired. A bit sooner than I had planned but I'll survive. My health has been on a decline over the past few years. Making work tough. My feet give me trouble. I can't stand up for long periods. After a few hours at work it gets harder. By the end of an 8 hr day I can barely walk. The company wanted to go to 12 hr shifts. I couldn't handle that so I retired.The change over was to start on by birthday. Happy Birthday to me. No more work. Leo
    Scorpiusb likes this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    That didn't work. Back to the basic.
    See how it does.
    Leo
    BubbaJon likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links