Threads containing graphics here force Mozilla to "Unexpectedly Quit"

Sidewinder
    Member #

Threads containing graphics here force Mozilla to "Unexpectedly Quit"

I run Macintosh OS 9.2.2 and Mozilla 1.3.1. There is no web browser more stable or current for OS 9.2.2. Threads containing graphics, perhaps only graphics from a particular image bank, cause a Type 2 error -- Address Error. This error, and its resulting "Unexpected Quit" of the browser, occur only on this web site. And this problem has surfaced within the last 45 days.

I have reinstalled Mozilla. I regularly maintain the drives with DiskWarrior and TechTools Pro (for Mac people). Everything is pristine. I always run Norton AntiVirus, so that facet of the computer is also pristine.

How to eliminate the problem? Suggesting Internet Explorer is unacceptable. This browser is egregiously unstable and clumsy.
    Itís so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then donít say it. Sam Levinson

Platinum Poster
    Member #

Re: Threads containing graphics here force Mozilla to "Unexpectedly Quit"

Hang in there.. we need to upgrade this board to new version and it will be done soon .. hopfully that will fix your issue..
    Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

LuvM and LeverM

I too am a Mac user. I use OS X though and not OS 9.2. I have in the past used OS 9.2. One thing that I need to know is if you use IE on 9.2 does it open the threads. I can check this when I get home as my G5 has an OS 9.2 partition on it. So I can test your version of Mozilla and IE from a 9.2 system myself.

Mozilla is now in version 3.0 which has come a long way in the way it handles coding from sites. My guess is that the older Mozilla does not like some of the functions that are being called from the website. Again I will have to test this tonight when I get home. I can duplicate the software you are using to come up with a conclusion perhaps, but not a definite resolution to your issues.

I respect the fact that you are using a system that is over 5 to 6 years old to say the least, but if I cannot come to a resolution to your issue. I apologize. I do not think that an upgrade to our entire board is going to be the fix. Again. I will attempt to duplicate your issue when I get home on my Macs. I also have a system running OS 8.
    I will try that one as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

LuvM and LeverM

Naphtail,

I had to come home early today. My daughter is home sick. So I got to test some things out. I did not have Mozilla 1.3.1, but I found a sit that had a version 1.3.1 with some code fixes in it. I will attach where to download the file, and also I can email a screen shot of it working on OS 9.2.2, Mozilla 1.3.1 with a post from here with tons of pictures embedded in it.

Hopefully the following links can help resolve your issue. As it appears to be a machine specific issue, and not a forum problem.

Here is the direct link to the .sit file with Mozilla 1.3.1 that has the fixes applied.
    http://www.wiwi.uni-frankfurt.de/wam...9-20030723.sit

Here is the site from which that link came from if you wish to review before you download.
    http://www.wamcom.org/latest-131/

I did make these changes, and I cannot give a guarantee or a warranty of the software from the links provided. It did however work on my OS 9.2.2 system.

Thank you..

Jeremy

Sidewinder
    Member #

Jeremy:

Thanks for checking into Wamcom. I have been using that bug fixed version since its creation. Mozilla 1.3.1 is as good as it gets for OS 9.2.2. iCab is currently supported; one would think it would be an improvement over Mozilla. Sad to report this ain't the case.

IE will open the threads that crash Mozilla. The downside to that is IE has always had a cache bug which crashes not just IE, but the system. I avoid IE unless I have no alternative -- that is, the web page to view is a "must view."

I hope the web site upgrade solves my problem.
    Itís so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then donít say it. Sam Levinson

LuvM and LeverM

I would hope so, but like I said. I opened up the site fine with that wamcom version of Mozilla. Do you mind posting a link to the thread that is crashing your browser? I will try to view that thread as well.

LuvM and LeverM

I have also emailed you a screenshot of my system opening threads using the same OS and web browser as you.

Sidewinder
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Luv'M and Lever'M
    I have also emailed you a screenshot of my system opening threads using the same OS and web browser as you.
    I received your E-mail. I replied with a few examples of threads that crash my Mozilla 100 percent of the attempts to open them. My own thread on "controlled expansion bullets" I access with IE.

Sidewinder
    Member #

I hope I'm not giving the web site or myself a Kine-ahora, but the problem is gone.

LuvM and LeverM

I don't know. Maybe the gremlins left....

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links