I miss you grandpaw
Like Tree15Likes
  • 10 Post By joel lee
  • 5 Post By Mark Risch

Thread: I miss you grandpaw

Distinguished Master
    Member #

I miss you grandpaw

So I am listening to guardians of the galaxy soundtrack vol.1 and I found this song. Man what a great opening guitar riff, it is so 1970's. Anyway it all came back in a rush. Where were you and how old were you in 1974?
    My family was living in a trailer next to a field across from my grandparents house in rural Wisconsin and I was only 6 years old. My grand father fought in world war 1 and raised me as best he could. The radio was always on, As he aged he hunted less and fished more " I think the cold winters and hunting with snowshoes on became too much for him". He only harvested deer by stalking them, he said " Joey, I respect the animals I hunt. I wouldn't hide in a tree and ambush them like some damn kraut sniper in no man's land" I did not find out what he meant until years later.

I thought of him when I heard it. I miss him when the leaves turn red and frost is in the air and I sometime imagine I hear him whispering in my ear " Joey ! wake up little shipmate the fish are biting. Remember time and tide wait for no man" I love you grandpa and I will hunt and fish with you again some day. Joel

Last edited by joel lee; 09-02-2017 at 04:55 PM.
    Team Henry Lucky # 13

An old men with AR-15 does not panic. He finds and engages his targets in a calm and confident manner.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government." Tacitus

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    in 74 I was about to complete degree #1 in college. guess I have you beat by about 18 years or so. I miss the grandfolks all the time. took a drive home (West Virginia) several months ago with a best buddy.... he just suggested a road trip and said he wanted to see my home land. Visited the grandparents, great grandparent and whole clan in the cemetery. A good trip.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links