New thread for new 99 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: New thread for new 99

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
    Well, I have the Z rings from Burris ordered. If the Leupold Marksman scope is adjusted out and still shooting high, any ideas which end of the scope to raise? My guess is the front but I have been wrong before.
    As RE said 300sav is not that mild but it's not a magnum either. Any standard rings will work. When you get new rings the first thing to do is run scope elevation adjustments back to the middle. When you start shooting pay attention that you are getting the adjustments on target that you are clicking in scope. Before I started shimming scope I would try another scope to be sure that's not where the trouble is. If necessary then shim under rear base.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Thanks, The scope was reacting to my adjustments. I didn't stop to check 1/4 inch clicks but it responded. I am not google friendly but just found this for the Zee rings.
    https://www.burrisoptics.com/sites/d...nstruction.pdf
    Team 35 member #31 - Team 45/70 member #70
    Team 30/30 Member #117 - Team 375 member #39
    Team 22 Mag. Member #014 - Team 32 spl #167
    Team Wheelgun #21

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
    Thanks for the link. That looks like it could solve my problem. They don't look as sturdy but surly stout enough for the mild 300 Savage.
    Hope you ordered the rightr ones "Signature" rings, not Zee rings. They once called them "Signature Zee Rings", but now the Burris web site separates the "Signature"(plastic insert) vs. the "Zee" (does not take insert). The offset install kit is a separate item, as I noted in my post above.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Thanks. You scared me for a second but I have the "signature" rings and the matching shim set arriving this afternoon. Your link was a big help. I opened it and used the Item numbers to order by phone. I ordered a Williams FP for my 32 spl while I was ordering. I have also ordered some cooler weather for next week. I will have fun as soon as it all arrives.
    Team Wheelgun #21

Gunfighter
    Member #
    I use the Signature Rings on all my hunting rifles. I've never had any come lose. Easy to align and it removes any guess-work and ring honing work. (and as stated before...I bought when they were called Signature Zee Rings...and I still refer to them that way sometimes). If you're shooting high...then either raise the front of the scope up...or lower the back of the scope to compensate. with the Signature offset inserts...you have your choice.

redhawk
    Arkie likes this.
    The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Be Alert....we need more lerts.
    Not all who wander....are lost.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    The Burris Signature rings worked. I ran the scope back up then installed it with a +10 on the bottom of the front ring and a -5 on the bottom of the rear ring. Shooting off hand at 25 yards I was some high and I guess I over adjusted and the next two shots were a little below the bull. Success! The rest of our daylight was spent shooting my Son-In- Law's new Remington 1911.
    I will sight the gun in and shoot for group later in the week.

Anyone still updating the Savage 99 team Roster?
    Team Wheelgun #21

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links