NC Sherriff Suspends New Pistol Permits due to 250% Increase in Requests - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: NC Sherriff Suspends New Pistol Permits due to 250% Increase in Requests

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-brook View Post
    I believe they quit taking applications state wide at the same time they closed the DMV.
    ... and the lesson for the day, here, kiddies, is DON'T WAIT till it's an emergency, to properly PREPARE yourself for an emergency . . .

Distinguished Master
    Formerly Crystal Coast of NC, Now in Sandhills of NC
    Member #

Thumbs up

UPDATE - Judge Orders Sheriff to resume Issuing Permits:

Quote Originally Posted by AP story via Washington Times
    A North Carolina sheriff’s office must resume accepting and processing pistol purchase permits within a week, a judge ruled on Tuesday.

Superior Court Judge A. Graham Shirley issued the order, and said Wake County Sheriff Gerald Baker must also modify the application process to minimize the number of people in the justice center, WNCN reported.Baker temporarily suspended accepting new pistol purchasing permits on March 24. That was two weeks after Gov. Roy Cooper declared a state of emergency in North Carolina and 11 days after President Donald Trump declared the COVID-19 pandemic a national emergency.

Source and full story: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rce=whatfinger
    336 Fan and rob42049 like this.

Make Mine a Double Double - Animal Style!

“Conservatives want to alter their lifestyles to meet reality. Leftists want to alter reality to meet their lifestyles” - Frank Turek, Cross Examine Radio Show

Reading for Comprehension instead of Confrontation leads to much better Conversation - Tar_Heel 336

If Bruce Jenner can keep his penis and still be considered a 'woman'; Then I should be able to keep my weapons and still be considered dis-armed!- anonymous

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Shawlerbrook, Isn't Broome County Binghamton ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Exclamation

"The RIGHT to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

How is it that a regulation or a LAW to buy a gun in any of the given states was not challenged in Court?

Give them the finger, they take the hand. I don't care if a Sheriff is a Liberal, he does NOT have a Right to ignore the 2nd Amendment.

Mike T.
    rob42049 likes this.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I moved to NC in the mid 80ties. The permit system was that you needed someone to vouch for you in order to get a permit to buy. That person also had to live in the county. You could get as many permits as you wanted to pay for. I believe this was a Jim Crow law that is still on the books.

Also, at the time, LEOs were not allowed to carry off duty without the permission of the Chief LEO, and then only in their jurisdiction. I heard open carry was legal, but never saw anyone doing it. No CCW license was available for civilians.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links