NC Sherriff Suspends New Pistol Permits due to 250% Increase in Requests - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: NC Sherriff Suspends New Pistol Permits due to 250% Increase in Requests

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Really?

A Permit to buy ??

Is this correct?
    rob42049 and Golphin like this.
    Member:
    -NRA
    -GOA
    -VCDL

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    I still want to see a US Right to Carry.

No Application, no Permit, no Nothing.

Would Trump have the power to implement this?
    256WinMag, msharley and Sparkyup like this.
    Member:
    -NRA
    -GOA
    -VCDL

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Maybe the Sheriff would like to give up HIS gun?! Remember this at reelection time folks!
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Time for a NC Tea Party I would say.
    rob42049 and 336 Fan like this.
    ​~ Mike <*)(((((>{
    MO Project Threads: 44-40 Restore , DIY Case Annealer

Captain Team Shotgun, Captain Handgun Team Semi-Auto
    Teams 30-30, 45-70, 35 Rem, 44-40, Wheelguns

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    My understanding is that in NC permission from the sheriff is needed to buy a handgun. Once the purchase permit is issued, it's good for a year and 5 handgun purchases, before needing another.

In addition, like many other states, a CCW permit is required to carry concealed. Requirements include several hours of class work and also some range time.

I do not approve of these requirements, just explaining what I understand them to be.

NC does extend reciprocity to most other states' CCW permits, as long as that individual is not a NC state resident.
    336 Fan and miket156 like this.
    NRA Endowment Life Member, SASS, OGCA, NC Watermen United
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” -- George Orwell
    "Corruptissima in republica plurimae leges."--Tacitus
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HIKayaker View Post
    My understanding is that in NC permission from the sheriff is needed to buy a handgun. Once the purchase permit is issued, it's good for a year and 5 handgun purchases, before needing another.

In addition, like many other states, a CCW permit is required to carry concealed. Requirements include several hours of class work and also some range time.

I do not approve of these requirements, just explaining what I understand them to be.

NC does extend reciprocity to most other states' CCW permits, as long as that individual is not a NC state resident.
    In light of the pandemic, I can understand the pause on range time. I don't think range time is needed (in my perfect, imaginary world), and I think the risk is low, or can be managed, but I understand why that could be a problem.

Most of the issue is with people's poor planning.
    Profanity is a poor substitute for education and applied logic.

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by doubloon View Post
    Well, even if I can't trust them at least they got my back right?

https://mynorthwest.com/1785408/rant...k-coronavirus/
    With a big bullseye on it!!!!!!
    rob42049 likes this.
    What this country needs is a department of common sense! The tree of liberty would be a great place for hang mans ropes!
    Team 22 Magnum # 46
    Team Old Pharts # 235
    Team Wheel gun # 74
    Team 22 bolt action # 5
    Team 60 # 511

Distinguished Master
    Formerly Crystal Coast of NC, Now in Sandhills of NC
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mikej View Post
    It was like that when I moved to NC in 1990. I always thought it was a boondoggle. Some sheriffs would only issue one at a time, and some charged more than others.

It's not a permit to own a handgun, it's a permit to buy one. Have to have one for each one you buy from a dealer.

Only need one permit issued to buy - it is good for five years. At least that is the way it is/was in Onslow County (NC) not sure what it is here in Moore County. Concealed carry is of course a separate money sucking machine on top of paying for the permit to buy (paying a fee for the Sherriff Dept's admin services of course - because paying taxes for the Sherriff to provide services is not enough).

Requesting Permission and Paying admin fees to exercise our Constitutionally 'protected' guaranteed 'rights'.... errrrrrrgh!!!!!

“Conservatives want to alter their lifestyles to meet reality. Leftists want to alter reality to meet their lifestyles” - Frank Turek, Cross Examine Radio Show
    Reading for Comprehension instead of Confrontation leads to much better Conversation - Tar_Heel 336
    If Bruce Jenner can keep his penis and still be considered a 'woman'; Then I should be able to keep my weapons and still be considered dis-armed!- anonymous

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Talked to a lgs owner yesterday, he told me the big majority of people buyingan trying to buy hand guns an rifles at his store were hippies, tree hugger types an were fussing about having to wait an get permits an all that. Sorta funny, they are the ones that voted for this crap to begin with.
    However complicated the issues become... it comes down to one simple question. Which is more important to you Life or Liberty? I've made my decision long ago.

"Is life so sweet or peace so dear; as to be paid for at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me Liberty or give me Death." Patrick Henry

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 336 Fan View Post
    Really?

A Permit to buy ??

Is this correct?

Sounds like a permit to conceal carry not to buy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links