Martial Law and COVID-19 Virus confiscation of guns...
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: Martial Law and COVID-19 Virus confiscation of guns...

Contributing Member
    Member #

Martial Law and COVID-19 Virus confiscation of guns...

I remember when they enacted Martial Law during Katrina and knocked down an elderly woman to take the gun out of her house. Does anyone else see this happening during the Coronavirus scare?

I live in a Liberal state and extremely Liberal city and county and I have a fairly large gun collection. Part of it is my hobby and a big part of it is an investment for retirement. Not really looking forward to the Gestapo throwing around some pristine 90 year old Colts and S&W's in their property room. I'm seriously thinking about getting pro active and moving them to a friend's house in a rural more conservative county.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Dawei; 03-18-2020 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Typo in Message Title

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    lets hope not
    gunscrewguy, 336 Fan and VinceA like this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    I thought that was settled by a lawsuit.

Should be "well known" not to touchy guns.
    gunscrewguy and 336 Fan like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    The ca'jun navy was started because of Katrina! Two of the guys from work took off to Nu Orleans to help save the people in the Ninth Ward! Well when the 13% started shooting at them they turned tale and left! Bullet holes in a aluminum hull makes you turn around fast! Now these two guys had their guns taken away by the local LEO's!

That's the truth and nothing but the truth!

ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bassetman1974 View Post
    I remember when they enacted Martial Law during Katrina and knocked down an elderly woman to take the gun out of her house. Does anyone else see this happening during the Coronavirus scare?

I live in a Liberal state and extremely Liberal city and county and I have a fairly large gun collection. Part of it is my hobby and a big part of it is an investment for retirement. Not really looking forward to the Gestapo throwing around some pristine 90 year old Colts and S&W's in their property room. I'm seriously thinking about getting pro active and moving them to a friend's house in a rural more conservative county.

What are your thoughts?
    The only city I can think of in south central Wisconsin, that is that liberal, is Madison. I see the present virus hysteria as a game played by the media. Unfortunately, when enough sheep start to move as one, the government starts to notice. This situation is a man made one that will fizzle out. I don't see the state or city governments using this to remove firearms from private citizens. It will open too many issues that Governor Evers won't be able to handle. Other than Madison and he Milwaukee metro area, the state is overwhelmingly conservative.
    Now, Katrina was a huge natural disaster. The local and state governments ceased to exist for almost a week, leaving people making decisions the best they could. Some were poor decisions made by cops, but they were also victims and were doing the best they could.
    I would not worry about this Corona virus. So have a Corona beer and kick back. Life will get back to the normal freak show soon enough.
    Andrew
    The Gene Pool is in need of a lot of Chlorine!

Better yet, drain the entire pool!

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I briefly had thought of this as well, especially since the rush on firearms in CA this last week. All it would take is one incident in a state such a CA and one could surmise that the weeds could begin to tumble. However, I hope not!

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    I thought in LA post Katrina the laws changed to make it illegal to confiscate privately owned firearms because of what happened with rogue police. The Looney Liberals wanted to pass a law that would allow them to confiscate ANYTHING they deemed was essential for government to stabilize chaos. That could mean food , tools, guns, ammo etc. If they tried to do that to me in an emergency state to take away food and survival gear meant for my family they would be in for a fire fight. They will have to earn it the hard way. There is no reason for Gubberment to confiscate anything from a private citizen who is not looting or running amok even if they declare Martial Law. As far as me and my neighbors are concerned Martial Law only means anything goes and that we don't trust anyone.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    There was and is, the threat of a deep ban in here in Virginia, the arranged plan was to move the guns and safe to friend's house who lives near and across the state line in West Virginia. Because of this planned to leave the state upon retirement, which was not the original plan.
    bassetman1974 likes this.
    "Should have put more dirt down, saw it right off." Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bassetman1974 View Post

What are your thoughts?
    Make 'em property of a bulletproof trust?
    AKA Rondog everywhere else on the 'net.....

The world is a tuxedo, and I'm a pair of brown shoes.....
    - George Gobel

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by doubloon View Post
    I thought that was settled by a lawsuit.

Should be "well known" not to touchy guns.
    lawsuit? they couldn't care less about a "lawsuit" if there is any and a settlement is made tax payers pay for it. and while it is being settled they go on paid vacation, known as suspension. that is why I believe all branches of law enforcement be mandatory for them to carry insurance in the event they get sued by a tax payer and loose! "we the people" should not have to pay for there lawlessness! and if the insurance isn't enough to cover the settlement then there 401k or personal property should be forfeited! that should slow them down a bit and make them think before they violate peoples rights,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

I would rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone,,,,,,,,,

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links