• 4 Post By Goldtrigger
  • 1 Post By Goldtrigger
  • 3 Post By cajun56
  • 3 Post By jgriffin1988

Thread: RINO's

Distinguished Master
    Member #

RINO's

The three senators seeking the Democratic nomination for president — Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts — all returned to the Capitol from campaigning and backed the war powers resolution.
    Besides Collins and Lee, Republicans joining Democrats were Sens. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Jerry Moran of Kansas, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Rand Paul of Kentucky and Todd Young of Indiana.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    I do not see how the House's resolution can impact the powers of the president. I see it more like a statement against trump for using the very same powers that Obama used often. What am I missing?
    ​~ Mike
    <*)(((((>{

Captain Team Shotgun, Captain Handgun Team Semi-Auto
    Teams 30-30, 45-70, 35 Rem, 44-40, Wheelguns

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Only Congress has the CONSTITUTIONAL authority to declare war upon another nation. WWII was the last legal war the United States has waged.
    The Executive branch was never meant to have the power to send our American citizens to fight and die in foreign lands on the discretion of the President acting as Commander in Chief over our armed forces.
    The President can, however, order our military into action to defend our shores and territories from imminent foreign threats. This power does NOT include preemptive deployment of military personnel and assets to foreign lands or engagements therein as it does NOT meet the imminent threat threshold in any sense of the Constitution.
    The bill we are discussing here is only a very small step back to re-establishing Congress’s Constitutional authorities and responsibilities. It did not pass with a presidential veto-proof majority and will be struck down by the President as soon as it reaches his desk.
    I’m not sure where our Constitution is today, but we better find it fast and follow it religiously before we lose this nation to tyranny and lawlessness up there in D.C.
    R/Griff

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    jgiffin is absolutely right, read the constitution,

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    if there is a true threat to our country from outside forces, president should go to congress and get all on board, kind of reminds me of bush after 911, putting together coalition to go after the rag heads
    cajun56 likes this.

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtrigger View Post
    if there is a true threat to our country from outside forces, president should go to congress and get all on board, kind of reminds me of bush after 911, putting together coalition to go after the rag heads
    I wish that would be true! But them communist Democrats cried when Trump slaughtered a terrorist who deserved it more then anybody else! So They hate him so much they would let any country attack America and blame Trump for it! Fact!

ca'jun56
    Cefus, jim716 and marlinluvr like this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Congress has failed to carry out its Constitutional duties since 1861. We are living with the collective consequences of our failed government representatives today, as a result.
    Why anyone who can read in today’s information age is surprised our nation is succumbing to its own government is beyond me. We are simply witnessing history repeating itself, and we all know where we’re heading.
    R/Griff
    Marlinjunkie, jim716 and miket156 like this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links