Student Spends 83 Days in Jail, Faces Terrorism Charges, 20 Years in Prison ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Student Spends 83 Days in Jail, Faces Terrorism Charges, 20 Years in Prison ...

Contributing Member
    Member #

Unhappy Student Spends 83 Days in Jail, Faces Terrorism Charges, 20 Years in Prison ...

Lucas Gerhard, 20, was studying criminal justice at Lake Superior State University in Michigan with the goal of becoming a law enforcement officer. On August 23, 2019, Lucas posted a photo of his lawfully purchased and registered AR-15 to a select group of snapchat friends, writing, “This oughta make the snowflakes melt, aye? And I mean snowflakes as in snow.” Lucas was almost immediately arrested and charged with making a terrorist threat, which is a felony and could bring a sentence of 20 years in prison. GPM spoke to Lucas’ father, retired Marine Colonel Mark Gerhard, about what happened. - Teresa Mull

Here’s what Col. Gerhard had to say in his own words: Lucas is a very conservative young man, and he’s very vocal about it. He’s not one to shy away and back down from an argument. In today’s college environment, where seemingly a majority of the student body and a lot of the educators are trending liberal, Lucas found himself in a rolling dog fight up there his first two years. He’s had a lot of run-ins with various progressive activists up there. It’s a small school — there are only roughly 2,000 students. Lucas was going up there for Criminal Justice — Law Enforcement. He wants to be a cop, and they have a great program. He fought through a lot of roadblocks. ...

Read more: https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/st...8A861kv32H5adQ
    GITU1, Bingo, Padraig and 5 others like this.
    NRA: Patron Member; USAF: 1967-71 E-5; Semper Vigilans Fortis Paratus et Fidelis Pro Deo et Constitutione!

Deadeye
    Member #
    IS there an icon for steam coming out of your ears?

It's happening now.

Be ready.
    I like it. I love it. Can't get enough of it.

Lever Action Silhouette Rifle - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Talking about guns on social media is the modern day equivalent of being a heretic. I doubt they will be able to make those charges stick but it all depends on everything else that he has posted and said. Sounds like he has been in a battle all along. The story does not really give us the true context. That said, I find it disturbing that his post is considered "terrorism" while the liberal crowd post out right threats and do not get called out for it.
    ​~ Mike
    <*)(((((>{

Captain Team Shotgun, Captain Handgun Team Semi-Auto
    Teams 30-30, 45-70, 35 Rem, 44-40, Wheelguns

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    once something is posted online it is there for anyone to see and manipulate sad what some will do that can completely destroy anothers life

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Why would a reportedly conservative student enroll in an obviously liberal college, in the first place?

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    “I seen the picture, and when he said like make the snowflakes melt, it kind of made me assume that, um, kind of like as with the gun and shoot other civilians and stuff with it,”
    Last edited by scorpio; 02-08-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Unless he has made outright threats and it can be proven, I don't see a case against him. Unless there is a lot more that isn't in this story.

If what is posted is the total extent of the charges I think he'll walk. Then he should sue for wrongful arrest.

This burns me up in ways I can even come close to expressing here.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    VFW Life Member
    AMVETS Life Member
    101st Airborne Division Assoc. Life Member

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Everyone is a criminal in the USA:

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    If this kid, an Eagle Scout with aspirations of a career in law enforcement, does not get the case dismissed. His future is ruined, he will never be able to become a cop and his 2A rights will be denied.

Lucas’ father Mark, who is a retired Marine colonel that has worked for many years in the federal government, told Big League Politics that he understands why the campus would take a possible threat so seriously. What he doesn’t understand is why prosecutors would continue pursuing such a case when it is abundantly clear that his son poses no threat to public safety. As the case develops, it is becoming clear that the intent is to make a statement and strip Lucas of his constitutional liberties forever.
    Justice for Lucas Go Fund Me

https://www.gofundme.com/f/justice-for-lucas-g
    "Step by step they were led to things which dispose to vice, the lounge, the bath, the elegant banquet. All this in their ignorance they called civilization, when it was but a part of their servitude." ― Tacitus

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    It is infuriating to me that the left can blatantly call for the physical harm and even death to people they don't like, but let a conservative say they don't agree with them, and the conservative is a terrorist? There are no words--at least that I can put here and not get banned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links