This is very disturbing - sheriff forced to hand over all info on registered CC
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: This is very disturbing - sheriff forced to hand over all info on registered CC

Super Moderator
    Member #

This is very disturbing - sheriff forced to hand over all info on registered CC

Sheriff was forced to hand over all personal information on concealed carry holders. So he notified all the CC holders what was going on...
    So many things wrong with this - I confess I had no idea this information could be coerced from law enforcement.
    The news outlet declined to say what they wanted with the info and said they were "disturbed the sheriff felt it necessary to inform the CC holders that the news organization had their information".
    cajun56, mikom, 336 Fan and 11 others like this.
    "The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
    George Orwell

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Commiefornia!

Now will they print all these names of these people!

ca'jun56
    mikom, 336 Fan, Ret_Eng and 4 others like this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Deadeye
    Member #
    It's coming. Be ready.
    mikom, 336 Fan, doubloon and 8 others like this.
    I like it. I love it. Can't get enough of it.

Lever Action Silhouette Rifle - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJon View Post

The news outlet declined to say what they wanted with the info and said they were "disturbed the sheriff felt it necessary to inform the CC holders that the news organization had their information".
    Disturbed that someone is "watching the watchers"?
    Really?

Vooch

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Kendawg, Travlin, 336 Fan and 6 others like this.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    I'm going to release a secret. I never got mine. I've been hesitating to get it in the last few years and the above reason pretty much nails it. Now, here I am in Virginia with a lot of craziness going on. Presently our online simple test is still in effect and I decided to take advantage of it while I still can before the Democrats try to put us through the ringer to get one. But now this. Do I trust the present administration? I have to say that I live in good area and really don't feel the absolute need to get one, but I'm still on the fence. I spend most of the time here on my land (home and work) and I can Conceal Carry here on it legally, but, should I get one or not? Still deciding.
    Member:
    -NRA
    -GOA
    -VCDL

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Hey 336 you should get one if not for any other reason than you can. I got my permit since I transport guns to my farm and back in NC so I could be legit in transporting loaded firearms. Since that time I have also carried many places due to the current climate and craziness going on, especially here in the commonwealth.

this is disturbing that the news folks can get this information with a simple request. but so be it, I've been found out..... it would not be hard to track my purchases to see what I like to buy. You should see the gun related ads I get from amazon and google.

No telling how far these idiots in Virginia would carry something like that and is already in the works. Remember guv blackface put in his budget 18 full time folks to enforce the gun laws. No telling the fun we will have after July.
    WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THERE IS TYRANNY, WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE , THERE IS LIBERTY......... Thomas Jefferson

life member NRA

Super Moderator
    Member #
    This has happened before on the east coast a few years ago. I believe a newspaper or online media source actually published the names and addresses of licensed gun owners in a town. Can't remember all the details--dang CRS! I think that someone retaliated and published the name and addresses of all media members who were involved in the original publication. Never heard what happened after that.........
    Rotary Mag Savage 99 lover
    Model 336A/336XLR 24 inch barrel hoarder
    Too many Marlins to list--especially the ones in 35 Rem
    Lovin' life in a Red State and hope it stays that way
    U.S. Army Retired (1984-2004) Yeah--spent time doin' the OEF/OIF thing

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    While the Sheriff did as he thought best, and followed the advice of the county attorney, might it have been better had he forced the San Francisco Chronicle's hand and made them get a court order? The San Francisco Chronicle--respected? Really

I do commend the sheriff for notifying the permit holders, as he could have just turned the infrmation over and not said a word.

My other question: Whata business does a San Francisco newspaper have to request sensitive information from Sutter County? Seems like they are over-stepping their bounds (I know, not unusual for liberals).

This is just another reason liberals are against "constitutional (permitless) carry".

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJon View Post
    ... I confess I had no idea this information could be coerced from law enforcement.
    No need to "coerce" in Commiefornia, those records are in the public domain.

Texas allows the publication of statistics related to permit holders but no personal information.

In some states the records of people who have had their license revoked/suspended is in the public domain.

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    First here, I would want my Brother MO's to note what that Sheriff did under penalty I can assure you. .............Then, he notified the CC holders. Cops are in a really difficult spot, they are tasked with enforcing 'Law', but really, they task themselves with enforcing your right to be safe, safe from really bad people ........save lives. I know this because I was one of them. I know how they think, how they love their family's, their fishing and their football.

I bring this up because I hear too much about the 'cops' relative to our current 2nd Amendment issues. ............The cops will not turn on us/you. They are you, and 'if' the worst case scenario, a fight for our freedom ever occurred, it will NOT be the cop you will be fighting ....that is a fact, and I will never sit idle when I here the lame BS to the contrary.

Yesterday, a Florida LEO died/shot trying to assist what he thought was one of us. No more family, fishing ................what a 'ban me' way to die.

336 Fan, as a MO friend, I would tell you to get that CC, never know what may happen off your property, and you would need all your ducks lined up. ................'They' already know you have guns ........well, maybe not all . Hell, they know lots about us just by this forum. Here in California, they know all about me, so what? .........they can kiss my ..you know.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links