Virginia passed all gun bills - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree279Likes

Thread: Virginia passed all gun bills

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 336 Fan View Post
    Well stated.

For the "smarter" party, like we are supposed to be, there is still much room for improvement.

I strongly believe we could have prevented this, but at least let's learn from it, as you have indicated.
    Yes, we will learn from this, another one of lifes hard knock lessons.
    336 Fan, flatnose and Marlinjunkie like this.
    WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THERE IS TYRANNY, WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE , THERE IS LIBERTY......... Thomas Jefferson

life member NRA

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceA View Post
    When Maryland did this a few years back we mobilized thousands and thousands of people and went to Annapolis to fight this. The MD state house had never seen people in this magnitude show up to fight proposed legislation. We basically shut down Annapolis for the day and had the State Police freaking out. Result, they passed the legislation anyway. Didn't give a crap about what we thought. Did we smooth some of the edges on the legislation, yes, but the legislation passed. Heck, now I own 2 ARs and don't even like the platform that much. Anyway, as I have said before, we met with many of the legislators. Many asked how many of us were registered to vote. 20 to 30% raised their hands. That is pathetic! The legislators know this too and knew if you weren't a voter they could ignore you, period.

Register to vote! Throw out the clowns! Take your state back! If you aren't registered to vote, keep your mouth shut!

Rant over.
    V
    THE VOTE!!! here another classic case of upstate ny syndrome! I cry, but how many VOTE! im so sick of hearing my vote wont count. we cant beat the city so why try, THIS IS WHY WE LOSE!!!!!!!!! VOTE! dont you think the jackals in NY or VA know the % of voter turn out! a movement to VOTE! will shake em up far more!
    Ret_Eng, rob42049, VinceA and 10 others like this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    never really understood folks who don't vote, it makes no sense to me. I guess it has a lot to do with your upbringing. But yes the only way to reverse any damage done this year will be to vote in folks who understand what the second amendment is about and who will uphold our Virginia Constitution and the US Constitution..... and believe in the words "shall not be infringed".

Article I. Bill of Rights
    Section 13. Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power
    That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Yes this should be our litmus test for evermore in any election in the Commonwealth and we need to educate the youth to these truths.
    WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THERE IS TYRANNY, WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE , THERE IS LIBERTY......... Thomas Jefferson

life member NRA

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bgavin View Post
    What are you really going to do when cop(s) come to your door with a court order to confiscate your guns?

• Shoot the Cop
    • Explain the 2nd Amendment
    • Refuse Entry on 2nd Amendment grounds
    • Stand by helplessly

#1 - your rectum will be married to your cell mate for eternity
    #2 - will get you cuffed and placed in the police cruiser
    #3 - will get you beaten up, cuffed, and placed in the cruiser
    #4 - you watch them ransack and confiscate your gun safe

Law enforcement and the courts will systematically destroy you if you refuse to surrender your guns.
    Which of your neighbors and friends will bring weapons and stand by you?
    Which of them is willing to be financially destroyed, made destitute and homeless by the courts?

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
    --Ben Franklin, 1776, Signing the Declaration of Independence
    You should read my signature.

DR
    Triggerfinger and cajun56 like this.
    Team 60 #324, Team .22 Magnum #114, Team Bolt Action Rimfire #102, Team Wheelguns #54, Team 700 #5, Team Semi-Auto #41, Team Henry #106
    "Dying ain't so hard for men like you and me, it's the living that's hard" Ten Bears

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Democrats ran unopposed in over 20 districts in this last election. The State Republican Party leaders should be ashamed of their inaction.
    94win30wcf, SRJT, drinva and 3 others like this.
    Fate whispered to the warrior, “You cannot withstand the coming storm.” And the warrior whispered back, “I am the storm.”

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeer56 View Post
    Democrats ran unopposed in over 20 districts in this last election. The State Republican Party leaders should be ashamed of their inaction.
    exactly. More important than voting is running for office. That is the only way you get to really have your voice heard and your influence felt.
    SRJT, Marlinjunkie and cajun56 like this.
    Team 60 # 466

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I haven't been an NRA member for several years, but I joined GOA and VCDL both today because of the happenings in Virginia. I wish we could get every law-abiding gun owner in the country to do the same- that would really show em the "line in the sand."

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    https://www.facebook.com/35100667362...sn=mo&d=n&vh=e

When you've got a couple minutes! Slow start, but this guy nails it!

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatman843 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/35100667362...sn=mo&d=n&vh=e

When you've got a couple minutes! Slow start, but this guy nails it!
    He sure did.

That's Bill Stanley. He is also from my area, glad to say.

Thanks for posting it.
    Last edited by 336 Fan; 01-17-2020 at 10:49 PM. Reason: spelling, lol
    cajun56 likes this.
    Member:
    -NRA
    -GOA
    -VCDL

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    336 Fan, Travlin and rob42049 like this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links