Virginia passed all gun bills - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree278Likes

Thread: Virginia passed all gun bills

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by PoopDeckPappy View Post
    It's official. The late great State of Virginia has just become, Caliginia.
    Not quite yet. It needs to now go to the Senate and who knows what could happen between now and then. Although it could very well go negative, it's not just yet.
    Member:
    -NRA
    -GOA
    -VCDL

Tinhorn
    Member #
    It's a good time to get that NRA Life membership.
    All Guns Are Always Loaded, Finger Off The Trigger Until You Mean It

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 336 Fan View Post
    Not quite yet. It needs to now go to the Senate and who knows what could happen between now and then. Although it could very well go negative, it's not just yet.
    Agreed--the bills haven't passed yet--in fact--some VA Senate gun control bills were withdrawn. NOTHING HAS PASSED IN VA CONCERNING GUN CONTROL! There are rumors that around 4 Democratic Senators can't support the current gun control legislation being proposed--they want to get re-elected. The political fight is just starting..........
    Vooch, 336 Fan, flatnose and 8 others like this.
    Rotary Mag Savage 99 lover
    Model 336A/336XLR 24 inch barrel hoarder
    Too many Marlins to list--especially the ones in 35 Rem
    Lovin' life in a Red State and hope it stays that way
    U.S. Army Retired (1984-2004) Yeah--spent time doin' the OEF/OIF thing

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Deadeye
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bgavin View Post
    What are you really going to do when cop(s) come to your door with a court order to confiscate your guns?

• Shoot the Cop
    • Explain the 2nd Amendment
    • Refuse Entry on 2nd Amendment grounds
    • Stand by helplessly

#1 - your rectum will be married to your cell mate for eternity
    #2 - will get you cuffed and placed in the police cruiser
    #3 - will get you beaten up, cuffed, and placed in the cruiser
    #4 - you watch them ransack and confiscate your gun safe

Law enforcement and the courts will systematically destroy you if you refuse to surrender your guns.
    Which of your neighbors and friends will bring weapons and stand by you?
    Which of them is willing to be financially destroyed, made destitute and homeless by the courts?

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
    --Ben Franklin, 1776, Signing the Declaration of Independence
    BGavin raises some important points. I don't live in VA or CA so I have time and have started planning for the future. It should be obvious to all that the Marxists in this country don't care about the Constitution, this country or anyone's rights unless they are either an illegal alien or trans. I believe Donald Trump will win another term but think that it is obvious that the Marxists will go to any length to prevent this from happening. What will a post Trump country look like?
    Marlinjunkie and Cowboy23* like this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Correct nothing has passed but the bills moved quickly through the committee level with little or no discussion, just the party line vote bing bang thank you mam. now they head to the full senate or house for floor vote and then on to the other side and conference committees. but all that being said the train is rolling down the tracks and gaining speed.

Voters be damned, full speed ahead. The democrats all took bloomberg money and now they must repay their debt, period. They could care less if it is constitutional or not, that will be up to the newly minted criminals to prove. Kind of like the " you gotta pass it to see whats in it" crap from the obama days. I say put a bill in and give DC everything from Richmond north and make Williamsburg the capital again!

I will not tolerate being labeled a criminal for items I have purchased legally with my own money. Although somehow I believe the Commonwealth has been in this horrible position before since a famous Virginian Mr. Jefferson that decried....

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

We can get through these times again but only if the folks stand up and fight for it, I am referring to the court battles that will ensue not an armed insurrection. Besides the second amendment is only important at the time when they come to take them away.

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Se...566941011.html

good write up on events at the capital. The big one SB-16 is not going anywhere, but ther is another one just like it on the house side. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by mrguvna; 01-14-2020 at 08:47 AM. Reason: added link to new sstory
    WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THERE IS TYRANNY, WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE , THERE IS LIBERTY......... Thomas Jefferson

life member NRA

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    When Maryland did this a few years back we mobilized thousands and thousands of people and went to Annapolis to fight this. The MD state house had never seen people in this magnitude show up to fight proposed legislation. We basically shut down Annapolis for the day and had the State Police freaking out. Result, they passed the legislation anyway. Didn't give a crap about what we thought. Did we smooth some of the edges on the legislation, yes, but the legislation passed. Heck, now I own 2 ARs and don't even like the platform that much. Anyway, as I have said before, we met with many of the legislators. Many asked how many of us were registered to vote. 20 to 30% raised their hands. That is pathetic! The legislators know this too and knew if you weren't a voter they could ignore you, period.

Register to vote! Throw out the clowns! Take your state back! If you aren't registered to vote, keep your mouth shut!

Rant over.
    V
    Ret_Eng, mrguvna, bgavin and 8 others like this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I really hate modern politics. Government at least used to pretend that they had principles but lately they've given up trying to hide the fact that they are ramming their agenda down the throats of people. Honestly I was amazed with the success of the 2A Sanctuary movement, normally conservatives are harder to mobilize than liberals, because... well, we have jobs, and millions on welfare depend on us. I think that the Dems were blindsided and realized that their mandate from the people might not have been as strong as they led to believe. As such in order not to take a political loss, they've dug in their heals, and have taken the leftist view that, "The people are too misguided to know what they want. It's up to Momma/Pappa government to tell them how they should live their lives."

I'm rather upset with the Rules violations that are being reported. The shady politics of pushing a vote on gun control legislation after promising a republican member that they wouldn't act during his absence. And even admittingly going so far as to pack the hearing room with Gun Control Advocates so there were an equal number on both sides... all so the liberal media can report that there were an equal number of supporters on both side of the issue... even though Gun Rights Supporters greatly out numbered the other side.

Now that the bills have been passed by the committee, the next step is they have to clear the floor of the Senate. The Democrats enjoy a two seat majority. Now's the time to reach out to every Senator and tell them straight out that if they vote for these bills that we will start proceedings to recall them from office. It's never happened in Virginian history, but there is a way to do it, and it's surprisingly simple. It only takes a petition with 10% of the voters who participated in the last election.

This fight should be fought first on the floors of the legislature, and if passed, in the Courts. Calls for armed insurrection not only will hurt our cause but it will make us out to be a group of alt right loonies in the eyes of a large portion of the voting population. You know the mainstream media will pervert any and all discussions on this topic to fit their narrative.

Government should by all means fear its people, but remember these are people who if they perceive a threat are only going to act in their own self interest. (i.e. Weapons ban at the statehouse). Use our first amendment rights to set our narrative, and make them out to be the tyrants... all while ensuring that they NEVER get re-elected.

In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled for those whether they are the few loonies who support our cause or liberal agents. Either can be equally damaging. If you're attending a protest or a meeting, and you see someone who isn't acting in our best interest, speak up or say something to the event organizers.

Also, be careful my fellow Virginians of what we put on the internet. Once its out there, its out there forever. Don't let a moment of frustration come back to bite you or the cause in the rear end.
    NRA Life Member Since Election Night 2008
    Team 45-70 #1184
    Proud Member of Uncle Sam's Confused Group Since 1998
    President League of Disgruntled O-4s, USCG Headquarters Chapter.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by white cloud View Post
    It should be obvious to all that the Marxists in this country don't care about the Constitution, this country or anyone's rights unless they are either an illegal alien or trans.
    That's raises an interesting question. Do you think we could gain traction if we were to announce that our Semi-Automatics identify as muzzleloaders and our high capacity magazines identify as 5 rounders?
    NRA Life Member Since Election Night 2008
    Team 45-70 #1184
    Proud Member of Uncle Sam's Confused Group Since 1998
    President League of Disgruntled O-4s, USCG Headquarters Chapter.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Sometimes you have to get punched in the face before you realize you're in a fight. Laws can be overturned should it come to that. Yeah, you'll suffer for a couple years, but get to work. Round two is coming. For all the Repubs who voted this past election, thank you. For all those who didn't, you've been punched.
    336 Fan, Ret_Eng, mrguvna and 5 others like this.
    Big, flatnose bullets eliminate tracking.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by flatnose View Post
    For all those who didn't, you've been punched.
    Well stated.

For the "smarter" party, like we are supposed to be, there is still much room for improvement.

I strongly believe we could have prevented this, but at least let's learn from it, as you have indicated.
    Member:
    -NRA
    -GOA
    -VCDL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links