Sheriff Who Says He’ll Enforce “Red Flag” Law Now Facing Recall Effort - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Sheriff Who Says He’ll Enforce “Red Flag” Law Now Facing Recall Effort

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Well, ...fine then! ......................take my ball and go find me another thread.
    OLSKOOL, Flat Top and gunscrewguy like this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    "Red Flag" laws in any form is a "dog whistle" to negate a right guaranteed by the Constitution to "legal" citizens that shall not be violated without "due process" of the law. If the same standards were to be applied to a "non-right", such as who is allowed to drive a vehicle capable of inflicting "fatal" bodily harm on self or others people, the "masses" would be "up in arms" (so to speak) screaming about their rights! Yet, there are more deaths per year from bicycle accidents than from gun deaths and far more from motorized vehicles on our highways where we allow people to text while they drive (most states)!
    The difference is a free people that are armed cannot be forced by an "out-of-control" government to give up any of their other freedoms. Politicians and "leftest" aren't interested decreasing needless deaths by accident, or intentionally; and any event that will promote the taking away the means to subvert tyranny is a threat to central government control and exploitation.

When looking at these Red Flag laws, notice how the ones called upon to violate the rights of others are "enlisted" in the cause to uphold an unconstitutional law by stating it is in the order of the law that overrides their objections to its enforcement; when it is the direct opposite, that no law enforcement official should be forced to enact an "unlawful" order or mandate (military or civilian) against its citizens. It is the "weak" among us (not excluding myself, at times) that find it easier to bend to a perceived higher authority, while passing the ultimate decision to some distant "court of appeals" to ease the conscience, while watching our rights fade away with our objections. Refusing to comply involves risk for one person; complying, risks everyone who takes their constitutional rights seriously. Look at the background and history of those that are promoting these laws and ask yourself if these are the people you trust to make decisions on your security, economic welfare, and freedoms? Most of these "decision makers" have body guards, who is responsible for protecting you? My .02.

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    well said Riley,,,,,,,,,,,
    gunscrewguy and Flat Top like this.
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

I would rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone,,,,,,,,,

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Have him arrested for making terroristic threats or some other BS charge and maybe get him a psych evaluation and maybe some help that he obviously needs all while obeying his constitutional rights. Having a swat team come to his house at 2 a.m. without a warrant is not going to diffuse the issue, it will only make it worse, assuming he doesn’t get shot and killed during the raid.

Let me give you another scenario: I have seen you in a bar a few times and I know you have a tendency to get drunk. I now see you buying a case of beer, get in your car and drive home. I call the cops and say you are going to drive drunk and kill someone. They raid your home, take your cars and suspend your drivers license. All because I said you might do something. No due process.
    Fate whispered to the warrior, “You cannot withstand the coming storm.” And the warrior whispered back, “I am the storm.”

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Lots of honorable police in Germany felt the same way Sheriff Allen does, and "just did their job" by enforcing laws, rather than refusing.

He would have fit right in.

There are ALREADY legitimate ways he can use police power to detain irrational, suicidal, or homicidal individuals, separating them from their firearms.
    Flat Top and gunscrewguy like this.
    Andrew Johnstone, RPh/MD
    Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws - "First do no harm" - gun control LAWS cause far more needless death than 'easy access' ever could.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by montezumaz View Post
    Humboldt County, Nevada Sheriff Mike Allen says he he opposes the state’s new “red flag” law allowing family members to petition a court to have someone’s firearms taken from them if a judge determines they’re a threat to themselves or others. Sheriff Allen says, however, that he’ll be enforcing the law when it takes effect in January 2020. - Cam Edwards

Now, a group of Second Amendment-supporting residents in Humboldt County say they’re launching a campaign to recall the sheriff because he’s not standing up for their rights: “They’re taking up a fight against me on something the Legislature has to do, and they think I have the authority not to follow the law,” Allen said in an interview Wednesday with The Nevada Independent. “I do oppose this law. However, it’s my not my job to oppose a law; my job is to enforce the law.” ...

Read more:
    https://bearingarms.com/came/2019/10...pMXzcNrHS_Tur4
    Colorado has a similiar "Red Flag Law" shoved down our throats by a Democrat legislature last year. So far, 56 of 63 Colorado Sheriffs have refused to enforce the law because it violates the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments. County Sheriffs are not elected by state legislatures; they answer to the people in their respective counties, AND take an oath to protect and defend the Constitution. If they think otherwise, they should resign.
    OLSKOOL, Flat Top and gunscrewguy like this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lever30 View Post
    Guess this just adds to Nevada’s classification as a “gray area” for gun owners in that state.
    CaptainObvious_SaluteAnimated.gif

Yes, yes you were younger yesterday
    Last edited by VegasTool; 10-31-2019 at 12:38 AM. Reason: update
    Flat Top and gunscrewguy like this.
    Marlin 1895G
    Team Mosin Nagant #18
    NRA Member

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    He is screwed, you are either backing your oath to the constitution or you are not, he is not.BYE
    gunscrewguy and 4T57T like this.
    What this country needs is a department of common sense!
    Team 22 Magnum # 46
    Team Old Pharts # 235
    Team Wheel gun # 74
    Team 22 bolt action # 5
    Team 60 # 511

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    In all seriousness, there are huge misconceptions, stereotypes, and I suspect some personal/institutional bias against combat veterans. And yeah, I'll own my words and leave no doubt I get pretty passionate about it right quick. You never leave anything that significantly effects you "behind." If you have the right people around you, you learn to understand, accept, and eventually live with things, but they don't disappear. Just as everyone is different, some guys make it through, some just can't file things away. If you happen to live with physical pain associated with a significant event, that pain is a constant reminder of that event. That is a heavy load to carry. But, that does not make them mentally ill regardless of any misinterpreted outward signs, and yeah, I'll grant some self-medicate. What you are seeing is someone trying to cope all on their own. A lot of times what you see as anger/rage is a cover for the insecurity/fear a guy feels inside, and that anger/rage is often directed at himself because he feels weak, and/or believes there was something he could/should have done back then to make things turn out differently It's a long, painful, road home sometimes.

In reference to my last post to JMAG54. In all honesty, if Joe were truly my uncle, let's just say I would not hesitate to risk myself by talking to him and treating him like a man and fellow veteran, and leave it there.
    OLSKOOL likes this.
    I ain't askin' nobody for nuthin', if I can't get it on my own.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links