KG [OP]
    Lil Sis Marlin Fanatic
    Member #

NRA Carry Guard Canceled

KansasGirl
    A'deezhi

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Never looked into it for personal use but I didn't think that a policy such as this would ever hold up in court. All in all not surprised the program would be canceled.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    I understood that the NRA Carry Guard policies were deemed illegal by the insurance commission in New York state. This alone is sufficient to fatally compromise the concept. This article was from May 2, 2018.

NRA’s Carry Guard Insurance Violates New York Law; Broker Agrees to $7 Million Fine

New York financial regulators said on Wednesday that a controversial insurance program offered by the National Rifle Association violates state law, and they have levied a multi-million dollar fine on the company that administers it.

In a Wednesday announcement, the New York State Department of Financial Services said the NRA’s Carry Guard program “unlawfully provided liability insurance to gun owners for certain acts of intentional wrongdoing,” and that the group solicited coverage to New York residents without a license from the state. Lockton, the world’s largest privately held insurance brokerage, has agreed to pay the state $7 million for the violations, and will terminate Carry Guard policies held by New Yorkers. ...

https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/nra-carry-guard-insurance-violates-new-york-law/

NRA Endowment Life Member, SASS, OGCA, NC Watermen United
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” -- George Orwell
    "Corruptissima in republica plurimae leges."--Tacitus
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gunfighter
    Member #
    I just didn't think their policies were competitive with another company I am with.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I fear the NRA is floundering and circling the drain. The 'Old NRA' would adapt to what their members need. Their arrogance will be their demise.

As Trump might say, "Sad, so sad."

AC

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    It was most likely cutting into King Wayne's free time and spending $$$ for his lavish lifestyle. When are we all as members going to band together and get rid of him?

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HIKayaker View Post
    I understood that the NRA Carry Guard policies were deemed illegal by the insurance commission in New York state. This alone is sufficient to fatally compromise the concept. This article was from May 2, 2018.

NRA’s Carry Guard Insurance Violates New York Law; Broker Agrees to $7 Million Fine

New York financial regulators said on Wednesday that a controversial insurance program offered by the National Rifle Association violates state law, and they have levied a multi-million dollar fine on the company that administers it.

In a Wednesday announcement, the New York State Department of Financial Services said the NRA’s Carry Guard program “unlawfully provided liability insurance to gun owners for certain acts of intentional wrongdoing,” and that the group solicited coverage to New York residents without a license from the state. Lockton, the world’s largest privately held insurance brokerage, has agreed to pay the state $7 million for the violations, and will terminate Carry Guard policies held by New Yorkers. ...

https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/nra-carry-guard-insurance-violates-new-york-law/

They MAY HAVE solicited without a license, but I seriously doubt the insurance company would pay for "intentional wrongdoing"! More FAKE news/insinuations by the garbage in NYC! Never thought much about carry insurance until recently, but being a CCL holder, it may not be a bad idea!
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HIKayaker View Post
    I understood that the NRA Carry Guard policies were deemed illegal by the insurance commission in New York state.
    I worked for an insurance company developing software to field enroll product. NY was the single biggest PITA for their excessive regulations that make zero sense and most are rooted in the distant past.
    Example I had to create a plugin for our app that could display a PDF form, allow the client to fill it out and electronically sign using a signature pad.
    All because their law states the client has to fill out the actual form as registered and approved by the State. It has to match the paper app exactly. It was a pretty nice piece of programming I did and all because of NY regulations that are way outdated.
    "The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
    George Orwell

Tinhorn
    Member #
    NYS is a cancer on America. The corruption of state government coupled with the galactic sized ego of the governor are no match for the 19 million (and declining) residents of the state.
    2A is just one area where the state abuses us, and with a corrupt and very well financed support newtwork it will be the taxpayer who loses 10 times out of 10.
    For the non New Yorkers out there: NYS is actually a wonderful and beautiful state. Governor Cuomo has never been elected by NYS, he has only gotten into and remained in office because of the NYC vote. NYC has about 50% of the states population and is overwhelmingly liberal. Both Houses of our legislature and the governor are dominated, financed and controlled by the city.
    NRA has been in Cuomo’s sights for years, now his bought and paid for AG will keep her foot on their throat until they surrender.
    A terrible shame and a travesty of justice...regardless of the internal nonsense taking place within NRA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA RSO, Pistol Instructor, Home Firearms Safety Instructor
    Utah CFP Instructor

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I recall that very soon after the NRA announced Carry Guard, the NY State Attorney General talked about investigating whether the program violated NY State statutes. The AG and the anti-firearms groups also claimed that such insurance would increase shootings by providing liability insurance for the shooter.

I always though that this argument about liability insurance causing more shooting was way more than a bit ludicrous as for years the anti-firearms groups have been demanding/calling for gun owners/collectors/hunters/reloaders to carry liability insurance
    In real life may you be the bad ass you claim to be on social media....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links