Kroger (Frys) Joins Walmart In Asking Customers Not To Open Carry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Kroger (Frys) Joins Walmart In Asking Customers Not To Open Carry

Contributing Member
    Member #

Kroger (Frys) Joins Walmart In Asking Customers Not To Open Carry

Within the gun community, there’s been an ongoing debate regarding open carry versus concealed carry. Many have their preferences and it can lead to some rather lively debate among gun folks. In the end, I think most folks can agree that it matters more that you have a gun on your person than whether you hide it or not. - Tom Knighton

This is especially true in some states where open carry is permissible without a permit, but concealed carry isn’t. Open carry allows those waiting on a permit to carry a firearm for self-defense in the meantime, for example. So Walmart asking customers to stop open carrying in their stores on Tuesday comes as a significant blow to those in that situation. Well, it looks like Walmart isn’t alone. ...

Read more: https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/0...Y6Hb-EDNTTYdIE
    GUN CONTROL: Infringing on the rights of the law-abiding, due to the actions of criminals.

NRA: Patron Member; USAF: 1967-71 E-5

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    OK,so what will be the consequences of ignoring walmart and kroger store rules and instead follow your state and federal law in your state?What can the store do besides ban you from their property?They can't arrest you so what other recourse do they have?
    Will these stores ban everyone that open carries on their property?Could turn into millions of honest folks being treated like second class citizens.How long will it take untill the store owners decide to cross out the word open?
    The essence of retirement;

Like oats through a horses butt.......so go the days of my life.
    I'm only in my 60s,I have a nice long life ahead......big plans.
    Eating,sleeping and swatting flies......life is good.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    For me it's a non-issue on two counts. First, I don't like going in Kroger anyway. Second, I prefer concealed carry. If I was waiting on my license and I felt I was putting myself at risk, I would just discretely concealed carry,

T.S.
    NRA Endowment Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Firearms Accumulator, Native Texan
    Team 99 #29

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gunfighter
    Member #
    It kinda makes sense. An exposed firearm can make many people nervous, and some of the folks I have seen carrying openly give me pause too. But if they can't see it, it is not an issue.
    Dave
    -Very Concerned NRA Life Member (Get it together NRA!)
    -S&W Revolver Nerd
    -Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation
    -Smith & Wesson Collectors Association

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Wonder if Walmart will run clearance sale on handgun ammo? About the only place I see open carry is at Walmart and not that often.
    I do not have a big problem with open carry. I just wonder what they are trying to prove sometimes. It seems like they WANT to draw attention to themselves.
    I feel with the current state of fear, part justified and part whipped up by the media, it would be best for all gun owners that carry to do it concealed.
    Steve_In
    People say money can't buy happiness But it can buy me a Marlin and ammo to shoot in it, dies, powder bullets...

Team Southpaw #9 TEAM 1894 #400

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I guess to me, Its a non issue so far.
    I take it as them saying to pleases conceal carry instead of open carry. not telling people they cant carry in their store.

In this time right now, I can sympathize. I NEVER open carry in stores or in public. and with the tension in the air right now, I wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable, or draw attention to myself. I keep things out of sight.

I just grabbed a few shotguns at my local walmarts, their ammo shelves were already pretty much bare. one clerk said it was like a bus unloaded in the parking lot and they all went straight for his counter. mine didnt even have 22lr left...
    Team 60 #186
    Team 30-30 #987
    Team Semi-Auto #34
    Team 45/70 #1801
    Team Wheel Guns #100

Tinhorn
    Member #
    What about if you conceal carry (as I do), shop at Kroger (as I do), sometimes go to Walmart (as I do), and wear a shirt that clearly states "I AM CARRYING A GUN. YOU JUST CAN'T SEE IT." What would they do then? You're not open carrying but you might as well be.
    flatsneck, lever30 and jackdaniels like this.
    Marlin 336W .30-30 - Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage RR.22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)
    == USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team = NRA = Tx LTC ==

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I don't want anybody to know I'm armed out in public, it's none of their business. So it's a non-issue on that point. I'll shop anywhere that sells me a quality item at the best price. My conscience is clear.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I have no problem with open carry laws, it's the people who open carry that drive me crazy. In what universe does walking into a Walmart dressed in full battle gear carrying an assault rifle seem like a good idea? Most of the OC people that I see look like Wyatt Earp or Rambo. Believe me they are not furthering the cause of protection under the 2nd A. The non-believers think we're all "gun nuts." What us "gun nuts" need to do is get rid of the real "gun nuts."

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I got to rant on Kroger and walmart.

The self righteous corporations are all about the feel good emotional decisions. I would hazard a guess that there are more people dyeing from obesity, alcoholism and drunk driving, lung cancer from smoking and vaping, and opioid addiction. So if these stores really wanted to help our social issues and save lives, quit selling fat people sugar cookies, cakes pies and soft drinks, quit selling alcohol tobacco and vaping products, and opiates from the pharmacy. Ain't gonna happen as those products make them a ton of money. The deal is the corporate people could care less about saving lives but want to make a feel good policy against firearms. nobody calling them out on this so I felt the need!

now I feel better
    WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THERE IS TYRANNY, WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE , THERE IS LIBERTY......... Thomas Jefferson

life member NRA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links