The Beginning of the End of the Second Amendment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: The Beginning of the End of the Second Amendment

Contributing Member
    Member #

Thumbs up The Beginning of the End of the Second Amendment

I agree with the President on most things, but I can’t on this. We’ve been hearing, ad nauseum, that polling suggests that the public supports universal background checks and greater gun restrictions. And we’ve not only been hearing this from democrats, but also from Republicans. - Brent Smith

So now I guess we’ve given up on protection and defense of the Constitution and will be governed by the whims of the people and politicians? It reminds of what the father of the modern progressive movement, president Woodrow Wilson said. (I hate that guy!) “The Constitution was founded on the law of gravitation. The government was to exist and move by virtue of the efficacy of ‘checks and balances.’ The trouble with the theory is that government is not a machine, but a living thing. No living thing can have its organs offset against each other, as checks, and live.” ...

Read more: Don?t Cave on the Constitution | The Common Constitutionalist ? Let The Truth Be Known
    miket156, Drm50, JACKTW and 10 others like this.
    GUN CONTROL: Infringing on the rights of the law-abiding, due to the actions of criminals.

NRA: Patron Member; USAF: 1967-71 E-5

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    "Red Flag laws enable authorities to confiscate someone’s weapon(s) without the burden of “due process.” You know — due process — the underpinning of our entire system of justice"

This is the danger ..the problem I fear. The above is not what is on the table, and certainly not what I'd sign on to, nor should anybody. He talks his narrative, leaving out the fine detail, like, the President walked back the 'take the guns first" impromptu open forum statement, gaff if you want. The President, and the WH have made it clear. Regardless, the end product is what we will have to debate, or base our decisions on going forward.
    Just to continually beat the 'no due process' drum is very, very dangerous. ...........Too me, just another mouth, another 'rag', print for profit.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Eventually, gun owners will have to make a stand.

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
    --Ben Franklin

Difficult as it may be to swallow, one must also consider we are living in the end-times of the American civilization.
    Every civilization in history has declined and failed.

There is no reason whatsoever to believe ours is any different.
    Instead of barbarians at the gates, we have Muslims.

Same as Rome, the populace discovered they can vote themselves handouts from the public treasury.
    Homosexualty and corruption was rampant.
    The price of a tender young boy was often higher than an entire farm.

Will Durant has it all documented in his tome, "The Story of Man."
    Life NRA Member; Annual GOA Member, SASS #108882
    "When I'm dead, I hope my wife doesn't sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them."
    Marlin 1894CB, Ruger SASS and Bisley Vaqueros, Stoeger coach gun

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    "In fact it’s worse than just having the right to take away your gun. A red flag law actually gives authorities the right to take away your rights. If that’s not anti-constitutional, I don’t know what is."

Well I served 21 years and retired from the active US Army. During that time I was dedicated to serving the people of this nation and preserving it's freedoms and rights as detailed in the Constitution and Amendments. I believed in (and still do) these documents as a contract between the people of this nation and the government, where both sides acknowledge the limitations of one and the God given rights of the other.
    During my life I have seen a relentless breaching of this contract by one side. I have watched as an endless parade of political filth undermined and held in contempt the laws that constrained government power. I have watched as they laughed and distorted the intent of the Constitution, or ignored it completely as it didn't fit into their agenda. Worse I have watched a Judicial branch from the lowest to the highest court fail to validate it's duties as protectors of these documents and ensure that the people of this nation were not led down the path to tyranny. We have been failed. First by a system that was supposed to maintain it's integrity through checks and balances and secondly by the courts of the lands that let the flames of justice die.
    Now, having dispensed with any attempt to follow the Constitution they turn to trampling on and curtailing our rights. Let me say this. The powers given to the government came from the minds and will of the people. Period. First: We are still the people who will say what our government will be, not the government. Second: Our rights come from the will of God. Government did not nor cannot either give or take that what has been given to us by God....ever.
    lever30, JMAG54, durf and 7 others like this.
    Remember, only your enemy wants you disarmed.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Amen trigger!
    Yesterday I was younger

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    It is going to get very ugly. Guberment cannot continue to be a one sided argument. Remember: You only have strength in numbers----do not cave to these Looneys who have no loyalty to any country. See attached link

https://reason.com/2019/07/08/noncom...ontrol-scheme/
    Triggerfinger and lever30 like this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Never really gave a damn about what the public liked
    Last edited by navajo; 08-15-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    flatsneck, gunscrewguy and lever30 like this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Ooops
    Triggerfinger and lever30 like this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    I do apologize for the bad language I honestly thought I was on a different forum. It was a very long dsy
    gunscrewguy and lever30 like this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Anybody wants my guns, they can have them. Bullets come first. One at a time.

And I ain't kiddin', neither.
    flatsneck and lever30 like this.
    "If you can remember all of the guns you own, you don't have enough." -- Me

"Only accurate rifles are interesting." -- Col. Townsend Whelen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links