FL College Doubles Down on Suspending Student Due to Range Photo
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: FL College Doubles Down on Suspending Student Due to Range Photo

Contributing Member
    Member #

Thumbs down FL College Doubles Down on Suspending Student Due to Range Photo

I’ve argued for a while that there’s a profound effort within our culture seeking to stigmatize gun ownership and any interest in firearms. To be honest, though, they already have. They’ve made it so anyone who posts a photograph of them with a firearm will be eviscerated by whatever institutions they can bring to bear. - Tom Knighton

That’s what happened to Dia’mon Dallas, a nursing student at First Coast Technical College. She shared a picture of her with a firearm at a range. The picture wasn’t actually threatening. It wasn’t the kind of pic I personally approve of, really. Muzzle discipline is a thing, after all, but she at least kept the booger-hook off the trigger, which puts her leaps and bounds over some. There was no menace to the picture unless you were actively trying to find it. So, they suspended her. ...

Read more: https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/0...f10d44119dcc2b
    NRA: Patron Member; USAF: 1967-71 E-5; Semper Vigilans Fortis Paratus et Fidelis Pro Deo et Constitutione!

Contributing Member
    Member #
    and to think when I was in high school we used to go hunting in the am and go to school.....................and leave the guns in the truck. wow how far we have come. I also remember our preacher on Sunday would come straight from his duck blind with waders on, put on his robes and preach.leaving his shotguns in the office.
    WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THERE IS TYRANNY, WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE , THERE IS LIBERTY......... Thomas Jefferson

life member NRA

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    So a white liberal college administrator wants to suspend the constitutional rights of a black woman? That sounds racist to me....

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    As per mrguva! The shotgun was in back window of truck even during school time! Even at work when MSHA came down on the company for the guns!

ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Where's the NRA when you need them
    Smith & Wesson The Handgun Of Choice!
    Revolvers Rule.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    So, if the college use "confusion as a justification for punishment", then there should be no fault found with a self-defense shooting--ever. If the perp says "I wasn't going to rob them", the argument can be made that the private citizen was confused about the perps actions, and that makes shooting him OK.

Good grief. I can't believe these people are running educational institutions. It seems that everybody in a position of authority (or what they feel is authority) has taken on the "insignificant despot with delusions of grandeur and a God-complex" persona. If they don't agree with it, they have to destroy the person with the opposing opinion.

As far as this case is concerned, sounds to me like it should be a slam dunk for the student--from the information available.
    Marlinjunkie likes this.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Screenshot 2019-07-30 at 11.49.51 AM - Edited.png
    Here is the photo that is the subject of this controversy. I could see where this could be perceived as threatening. It's certainly bad firearms handling, and cause for ejection from most ranges. I'm not much on the gangsta lifestyle, although is is protected by the 1st Amendment.

You be the judge. How many of you had seen this pic before posting?
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Full picture:

D7R4Ou2XsAEtZwO.jpg

Looks threatening alright. But to me it looks more like a movie poster for Mr. and Mrs Smith, a Bond film, or the TV show the Avengers. She has since married the man and they have a child. Most of her photos are the typical family type we usually see on social media. I bet they were just having a day at the range and thought it would make a fun couples photo.

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    Rolling down hill like a snowball headed for hell.
    Marlinjunkie and gunscrewguy like this.
    What this country needs is a department of common sense! The tree of liberty would be a great place for hang mans ropes!
    Team 22 Magnum # 46
    Team Old Pharts # 235
    Team Wheel gun # 74
    Team 22 bolt action # 5
    Team 60 # 511

Marlin Fanatic
    New York, due to family ties. Never Forget 911
    Member #
    I am personally thinking that all Teachers should have to pass a background test which includes a Common Sense Test, that include their Political beliefs. I wonder how that would be perceived by the Teachers Association, Teachers Union.

They are responsible for shaping young minds.
    Marlinjunkie and gunscrewguy like this.

Team 45-70 ~ #45
    Team 1894 ~ #86
    Team Browning ~ #41
    Team Old Pharts ~ #103

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links