Gun Prohibitionists Re-Packaging Gun Control As Public Health Crisis
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Gun Prohibitionists Re-Packaging Gun Control As Public Health Crisis

Contributing Member
    Member #

Thumbs down Gun Prohibitionists Re-Packaging Gun Control As Public Health Crisis

The billionaire-supported gun prohibition movement has re-packaged its gun control agenda as a public health crisis, trying to convince the public that the cure to violent crime is to amputate the Second Amendment from the Bill of Rights, the Second Amendment Foundation said today.

“They couldn’t sell gun control as crime control,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. “Then they couldn’t sell gun control as gun safety. Now they’re trying to convince the public that gun ownership is a public health issue. “But this isn’t about public health,” he added. “This is all about politics. They’ve repackaged their agenda, but it’s the same old snake oil in a different bottle, and their strategy is right out of the gun control playbook.” ...

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/gun...#ixzz5u8N1zwzZ
    GUN CONTROL: Infringing on the rights of the law-abiding, due to the actions of criminals.

NRA: Patron Member; USAF: 1967-71 E-5

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Lightbulb

Smoke and Mirrors. Anti Gun people have weaseled their way into State governments and little by little adding more and more regulations under the guise of "Public Safety". City people live in a different environment than rural people. They have Police right around the corner that can be on top of a situation ASAP.

Rural people live completely different than city people. It is not unusual for me to see a black bear walk across my property. I don't bother the bear and the bear doesn't bother me. If an intruder ever tried to break into my house, it would take 30 to 40 minutes for the State Police to arrive, on a good day. So, I would have to defend myself. So far that has not been necessary, but I keep a firearm right next to were I sleep. I hunt Coyotes. or at least I try too, and go to the range for fun. I don't own any semi auto anything. I have a Right to keep and bear arms, no matter what any anti gun Liberal says.

Mike T.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by miket156 View Post
    City people live in a different environment than rural people. Rural people live completely different than city people.
    This right here, as simple as it seems, is IMHO the root of almost all of this country's political conflict. The blue state, big-city politicians and their city-dwelling constituents are woefully ignorant about everyday life in the other 90% of rural America and "flyover country." Farm life on the sparsely populated Great Plains and daily life in a NYC borough are light years apart. Unless we all recognize that fact, we are headed for conflict in the near future.
    Cefus, ere, 94win30wcf and 2 others like this.
    .45-70 = -69.55

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Wrangler
    Member #
    Infringing on peoples right should be passible of emprisonment. That would make you think twicce obout frivolity...

ere
    Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Public health crisis....sheesh...2nd hand smoke kills more people than all the firearms deaths.

I don't hear anyone crying about cigarettes or children subjected to second hand smoke.

Bear in mind that the firearms death numbers include suicides, (which are aprox 30% of the total), justified shootings, and accidents.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Once again ​POUND SAND!!!
    What this country needs is a department of common sense!
    Team 22 Magnum # 46
    Team Old Pharts # 235
    Team 22 bolt action # 5

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    They better get their horse and buggy ready. Gasoline powered vehicles kill three times as many people as guns every year in accidents, and the particulate and gaseous emissions into the atmosphere kill many more.

Alcohol and tobacco use have been a health crisis thirty times more lethal than firearms every year. Anti-gunners need to mind their own biz, and regulate what goes on at their houses, not mine. I suppose they could pound sand, too.
    Last edited by rob42049; 07-19-2019 at 06:48 PM.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Partial quote by -69.55

"This right here, as simple as it seems, is IMHO the root of almost all of this country's political conflict."

Conservatives and Liberals are diametrically opposed.

Liberals want Abortion on demand, doesn't matter WHEN or even if the baby is about to be Born.

Conservatives, God fearing people believe abortion is murder, pure and simple.

Liberals believe we have to give up our Rights in order for them to have theirs.

The best example is the Christian Baker that would not bake a Wedding Cake for a Gay couple (Two men). Instead of going to a different Bakery, they sued the owner of that Bakery. The baker and his family got death threats and a Lesbian woman threatened to burn their building down. The baker had to close his business. I believe this happened in Colorado, and the State Court ruled in favor of the Gay Couple. The Baker refused their ruling and the case ended up in the SCOTUS. The Baker won.

Instead of the Gay men going to different baker, they sued. These people want to take away OUR rights so they can have theirs. They have pushed the issues too far and its going to end up in Civil War.

Stay Tuned.

Mike T.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

jgt
    Deadeye
    Member #
    Malpractice by doctors kill more than all of them put together. The number one public health issue today is the doctor.

Wrangler
    Member #
    I truly believe civil war is coming.

All it takes is that "one match" that ignites the conflagration.
    IMO, that "match" will be New Zealand style gun confiscation.
    Life NRA Member; Annual GOA Member, SASS #108882
    "When I'm dead, I hope my wife doesn't sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them."
    Marlin 1894CB, Ruger SASS and Bisley Vaqueros, Stoeger coach gun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links