New group forming to call for NRA reorganization... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: New group forming to call for NRA reorganization...

Deadeye
    Member #
    I'm ok with it...except for bringing Cox back in....not a good idea.

redhawk
    mikom and gunscrewguy like this.
    The only stupid question...is the unasked one.

Not all who wander....are lost.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    I am against it. Let them fade away!
    Please elaborate. I want to know how their going away totally could help things. Maybe you have information I don't.
    shawlerbrook and gunscrewguy like this.
    Not responsible for what people think, just what I am.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Where's a Charlton Heston when we need him.....?
    shawlerbrook and gunscrewguy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by electricmo View Post
    Please elaborate. I want to know how their going away totally could help things. Maybe you have information I don't.
    They have done nothing to really help gun owners. They made deals to give up certain rights in exchange for looser control on others...which we have also lost over time. More of there donated dollar goes for "administrative" expenses, including salary. I prefer to donate to Gun Owners of America.
    6'x8' two man rooms with toilets. 23 Years in a Federal Penitentiary

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    They have done nothing to really help gun owners. They made deals to give up certain rights in exchange for looser control on others...which we have also lost over time. More of there donated dollar goes for "administrative" expenses, including salary. I prefer to donate to Gun Owners of America.
    I agree for the most part. However I believe the NRA is a huge organization with the most gun clout and should it be reorganized it could be a huge powerhouse once again with proper management. I do support GOA also.
    Not responsible for what people think, just what I am.

Deadeye
    Member #
    I agree. The NRA should just die.

I am a member of the Texas State Rifle Association and we deal with gun grabbers BEFORE they get to the national level.
    Vote them out at the local level and never allow them to rise to prominence.
    That is the best way to defeat them....at the local level.

Get involved with your local organizations and the national level gun grabbers will only exist in gun grabbing states whose population WANTS all guns banned.
    gunscrewguy likes this.
    Proud Old Phart Member #358
    Team Enfield Member #43
    Team 45/70 #1910

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 3putts View Post
    Where's a Charlton Heston when we need him.....?
    If Heston had been NRA boss in the social media age we’d have caught their crap that much earlier.
    He wasted fortunes too. WLP May have learned from Heston how to milk a not for profit. He demanded private, chartered aircraft to travel. Personal security detail. Chef. He was very indulged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    gunscrewguy likes this.
    NRA RSO, Pistol Instructor, Home Firearms Safety Instructor
    Utah CFP Instructor

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy23* View Post
    As a life member and instructor I agree that the leadership has become FAT at the top but any who are to be replacements need to have a strong commitment to preserving the 2nd A at both Federal and State levels. Allen West would be a good pick but others would need to be picked based on past records and performance. We do not want any Rhino's in that mix.
    As Instructors we are taking a bounce or triple hit on this NRA debacle.
    We’ve invested time and money to become certified instructors. In my case I carry insurance, created a corporation and incurred all of the expenses associated with that. Equipment, training materials (must be purchased through NRA) firearms purchased for the business, licensing and on and on.
    Now clients are questioning whether an NRA Instructor is someone they want training them.
    This is costing me money, reputation and aggravation.
    Wayne and a corrupt Board of Directors have their hands very much in my pocket.
    As a Benefactor Life Member I’m also invested in the organization and have been a reliable donor over the years BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN THEIR MISSION AND DIDN’T WANT TO BELIEVE WE WERE BEING LIED TO AND STOLEN FROM.
    Wayne and his crew have to go and the sooner the better.
    Selfishly, I’m pissed. More importantly though is the lasting damage they have done to the 2A cause and the likely corrosive effect their actions will have for years to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA RSO, Pistol Instructor, Home Firearms Safety Instructor
    Utah CFP Instructor

Deadeye
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by redhawk0 View Post
    I'm ok with it...except for bringing Cox back in....not a good idea.

redhawk
    I wrote them a letter. In part it said
    I applaud your effort.

However, the responses I read in shooting forums across the internet indicate some members have a strong aversion to re-installing Chris Cox and appointing him CEO/Executive Vice-President. Further, some worry the primary purpose of your effort may just be to bring Chris Cox back.

We need the support of all members, including the anti-Cox crowd. Therefore, I suggest a simple solution. Amend or clarify the demand to instead call for the designation of Chris Cox as the ACTING or TEMPORARY CEO/Executive Vice-President. As soon as the new board and officers are installed a CEO/Executive Vice-President can be appointed/elected, Chris Cox or whoever.
    gunscrewguy likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Gotta admit, Wayne has to be one well dressed shyster. I fully support their effort to reorganize the NRA as well as their proposals of upper management. I signed the petition stating I will continue my support of the NRA only when the above proposals take place. If they do not, I'm done with the NRA.

Enough is enough.

Jack

ETA: I agree that the NRA is guilty of compromising on key 2nd A issues. Yet, their political clout is worthy to note due to their large membership. Should their membership dwindle, so will their political clout.

For uncompromising support of our 2nd A I'm all in with the GOA and heavily support them monetarily. I take action on their action alerts which bury the NRA's efforts. Still, I'm hoping the NRA is reorganized strengthening their effort as they have many programs that support firearms sport and industry.

Simply put, I'm not at the point of completely turning my back on the NRA but I will if the proposed reorganization isn't accomplished.

Jack
    Last edited by JACKTW; 07-11-2019 at 11:50 PM. Reason: added clarity
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links